4.Aarav and his buddy

Aarav

After long hours of work, Harsh and I were finally going back home. After 4 surgeries, OPD, rounds and paperwork, I was done for the day. My legs had given up.

"You are super tired today. Who is going to cook dinner for us. Emergency cases didn't seem to stop today. I am super exhausted." Harsh says dramatically as I saw a pizza delivery person knocking the flat infront of ours.

"Get Pizza delivery as our new neighbours got today for dinner" I said as we enter "our" home.

"Today's generation like only unhealthy food. Then these people complain of food poisoning later on." Harsh said as he looked pissed off.

"I think you saw many patients with the same problem."

"Ya actually many. Wait what did you say new neighbours?"

"2 girls have shifted in the flat opposite us. The society's secretary told me. They are teachers in Wisdom Wings school." I started filling him up.

"That's Good we will get to see more people." Harsh sounded positive about the news.

" But I don't know their names."

" We will surely meet them soon. They live opposite us."
Our conversation continued while we changed and prepared a simple meal for both of us.

"You did magic that day. No one was able to control the patient. Everyone in the hospital was taking about you. Good Job buddy. " Harsh said recalling Naina's runaway.

"I did nothing. She had faith in me that's why she did what I asked her to do. She and her baby girl got discharged. She came to thank me before leaving. The therapy helped her a lot." I said while he was looking at me weirdly.

"Why did you wear full sleeves t-shirt Aarav? You don't remember anything." Harsh said suddenly changing the topic and he sounded angry.

"It's cold that's why I wore this t-shirt. Any problem Dr Harsh" I say remaining cool.

"You were due for the hepatitis-B vaccine a fortnight earlier. You don't forget it for your patients then why do you forget it for yourself. I had told you I was going to give it you today then also."

"Ok Baba I am sorry. I forgot. But you are there for me na so why do I have to worry." I chuckled.

He smiled at my response.

Harsh and I had been unseperable since we joined med school. Meeting at the med school was our destiny. But since then we always joined same hospital for internship and residency.

Harsh is an ER doctor while I am a surgeon at Sunshine Hospital. No matter our speciality we have promised each other that we will always be together. That's why we stay together in the same flat.

"Since we have finished eating. Take out the injection from my bag and prepare it."

"You are telling the patient to prepare the injection. Interesting." I say while washing my hands and proceed to take out the injection from his bag.

"You also do the same thing with me. I have learnt it from you."

Breaking the bottle of the injection I filled up the required dosage in the syringe. Removing a few drops I place the cap of the injection and keep it on the table.

I sit down on the couch and remove my t-shirt.

Harsh came after sanitizing his hands. A smile on his face.

"Look the other way" He says while wiping my upper arm.

"I won't" I say as I wanted to look while being injected.

He was hiding the syringe behind his back as we always do.

"I only prepared it. Stop hiding and inject fast. You know I am not afraid."

"Ok. But don't judge me." He said while giving up and inserting the syringe onto my shoulder.

Pushing the medicine really fast he was done in almost 10 secs placing a cotton over the spot and rubbing it.

"Painless as always." I said taking the cotton from him rubbing it a little and disposing it.

"Thankyou for the compliment"
He was smiling from ear to ear.

Vaccine experience has changed so much over the years. In childhood this was really different. A little scary for me but for my best friend in childhood it was like a nightmare. A smile came up on my face remembering that particular day.

"Why are you smiling after getting the injection?" Harsh asked curiously.

"Anika my friend from childhood. She was really afraid of injections at that time. I just recalled an incident which happened in our childhood."

"Tell me what happened that day?"

Are you getting hooked to the story?

I have an urge to write if I get multiple votes, positive comments and new follows.

I will update my other oneshot book also soon.

Thanks for supporting.