19. Surprise for Anika

3rd Person POV

Aarav and Dr. Shruti drove to the nearest mall and quickly began to do their work.

After some time,
Both of them saw new outfits as they tried some of the new arrivals.

"Wow, Anika will look gorgeous in this dress. It's lovely, and I think it will fit her too. Shruti, let's finalise this." Aarav says, looking at Dr. Shruti, who had just tried a new piece.

"Well done, I will change and come back." Dr. Shruti says while going back.

In the meantime, Aarav also finalised a new outfit for himself and, after checking for returns and payment for everything, they exited the mall.

Meanwhile, Anika and Kiara also leave from school.

"You went to the hospital without telling me. But why did you hide it.? I will also make Aarav answer for this." Anika says, upset about whatever happened behind her back.

As kiara couldn't stay quiet, she herself told Anika about her going to the hospital.

"Anika, you know about my issue. They are irregular and pain a lot. It's not Aarav's fault. Dare you scold him. He is your own friend. In fact, you should thank him for supporting me." Kiara says as they head towards their car and get seated to drive back home.

"Ok, whatever, now tell me what did the doctor say."

"I have PCOS. Many females have it about 20% women, but nothing to worry about. I need to keep my weight under control by exercise and diet. She prescribed me an optional medicine if I wanted to have a regular period. Other lifestyle changes. Followup after 3 months." Kiara explains, sounding tired.

"Hm, thank God, nothing to worry. You gotta start some exercises. But why do you sound so sad?" Anika says, noticing kiara dull reply.

"The doctor told me not to take painkiller tablets during periods. I can just use a hot water bag."

Anika knew kiara was habituated to pain medicine.

"But why?"

"Pain medicine stops blood flow, which is not at all good. It can create problems in the future."

"Oh, she may be right. I am sure there must be some solution to the pain you have at that time. Don't worry, I will not let you suffer. Now cheer up."

They were both seated in the car and were driving back home when Anika spotted Aarav coming out of the mall.

"Hey kiara, he is Aarav na, what is he doing here?"

Aarav was walking with 2 shopping bags in his hand, and Dr. Shruti is also nearby. They were both smiling and talking to each other in a friendly way.

"Anika, pay attention to your driving." Kiara says as Anika was lost in watching Aarav.

"Han, Aarav was with a girl outside the mall. What do you think they were doing. And who was she?" Anika says as they head again towards their home.

"How will I know who was she and what they were doing. Ask Aarav directly."

"Champ never told me about a friend of him who is a girl."
"Is he bound to tell you everything."

Anika continued thinking about it till they reached home.
"Leave it. Why do I have to worry." She thought to herself.

After an hour.

Aarav shows Anika the party invite.

"My patient's father gave me this party invite. You will go with me. I will not hear any excuse." Aarav says excited.

"Why are you taking me. Take your girlfriend with you." Anika says as she is upset with him.

"Girlfriend aur meri, kaun bola tujhe."
(Girlfriend that too mine, who told you) Aarav huffs.

"Aarav, don't fool me. You must have someone who is more than a friend. Like someone with whom you must be going shopping." Anika says indirectly.

"Shopping!! " Aarav says and bit his tungue.

Anika and Kiara look at each other clueless.

"So stupid of me, I forgot to show you the surprise. That's why you are behaving so weird. Just wait for a min." Aarav says and rushes to his home.

"He is avoiding the topic that he was roaming around with a girl." Anika says pissed off.

"Anika, stop being rude to him. He is taking you to the party and not the girl you saw with him." Kiara explains Anika, who just sighs.

Aarav comes back with a shopping bag in his hand.

"Cherry, see what I got for you. I knew you wanted a new dress to wear for the party." Aarav said and opened the bag.

Anika saw the dress, and her mouth remained open, looking at it.

"It's so nice, Champ,  you bought it for me. How did you know that i won't be able to find a dress from the ones i akready have and wanted a new one.." Anika said, taking the dress in her hand.

"Cherry, is that a question yo ask? I know you from childhood."

She looked her reflection in the full mirror with the dress in front of her body, and her expressions told Aarav that she liked it.

Anika completely forgot about being upset with him.

"Yay, thanks Champ."

"I knew you will like it." Aarav says happy to see Anika smiling.

"Anika, go try it." Kiara said, making her leave immediately.

A minute later, she came back.

"This is awesome Champ, it's wonderful

"This is awesome Champ, it's wonderful."

"It's beautiful and it fits you so well." Kiara says coming close to her and admiring the dress.

"I am glad you loved it, will you wear this dress when we go to the event this Friday?"

"Ofcourse, I will wear this."

"I need to thank Dr. Shruti."

"Dr. Shruti?" Anika says confused.

"Yes, Dr. Shruti, my intern, she helped me to get this dress for you from the mall today."

"Oh I see, so you got this dress today only from that mall."  Anika says looking at Kiara realising the whole story.

Kiara just smiled in return.
"I was thinking something else only." She whispered to Kiara.

"Now happy when you know that she was only Aarav's junior and they were together just to get you a new dress."

"Yes, Champ and that girl just work together, she is not his girlfriend." Anika speaks to herself in a low voice but kiara overhears.

Pls vote and comment. It's the only driving factor for me to continue writing.