8.Meeting after years

Did you expect an update coming.

Anika

He was standing with an injection in his hand.

Scary

"Now, show me your upper arm. It's time for your TT shot."

He wants to give it to me.

"But why an injection. I won't take it, " I said confidently.

"But you need this. It's necessary." He says, trying to find a spot on my arm.

I pushed his arm away but gently.

"No, just give me tablets. Why do you need to do this.?"

I was afraid of the shot. It will pain. It always does.

"This is to prevent infection. You should understand."

"I said I won't take it."

"Is someone there with her and waiting. Call them in, " He instructed the nurse.

Kiara comes in.

"Hi, I am Kiara. Her friend. How is she now?" She asked the doctor.

"Oh, Kiara. She is fine now. But she is refusing to take the tetanus shot. She is afraid of it."
"Anika, you have to take the shot. Please cooperate."

"Don't give me orders."

Both of them were forcing me to admit to take the shot. But I didn't oblige.

"C'mon, Anika, this won't pain at all." The doctor tries once again.

Aarav

I was on rounds and walking past by the rooms in between.

I could hear the conversations taking place in that particular room.

Harsh was struggling with a patient.

I heard "C'mon, Anika, this won't pain at all."

Her name is -Anika. Are all girls named Anika afraid of shots just like my friend.

I tried to see her face through the blinds, but I could see just her side profile.

Waiting a little, I saw her face.

I couldn't believe it. It was her, actually. My best friend from the golden days.

"Dr. Aarav, why are you smiling on your own?" A voice asked me.

"Dr. Mishra. I just saw my friend from childhood. She is in this room."

I was smiling so wide. Anyone will ask me.

"Then go and meet her soon."

Without wasting time, I stepped inside the room

"Miss Cherry is afraid of shots even after growing up. When will your fear go away?" I asked Anika.

"Cherry." She spoke, and her mouth remained open in awe as soon as she saw me.

I was in scrubs.

"Tell me, Anika, surprised to see me. Well, i feel the same."

"I can't believe, Champ, It's you, i thought I would never get a chance to meet you again in my life. I am so happy." she says and jumps to give me a tight hug.

I hugged her back. A stronger one.

"Champ," "Cherry,"

We stayed like this for a while.

Didn't feel like breaking it.

"Ahh ouch my hand"

This made me break our hug.

"Show me your hand. Is your dressing intact." Harsh asks her.

I forgot she is here to get her injuries treated.

"I am okay. I forgot about my hand for the moment."

"Cherry, Champ, haa, i can now understand she is your same childhood friend, Anika." Harsh says to me.

"Yep."

Anika and her friend also speak a little.

"Listen, Aarav. See here. Help me get this over fast." Harsh takes my attention towards the tray.

2 shots - a TT and an acetaminophen.

I picked the later one as it's difficult and kept it in my pocket.

"You give her the TT once I am done with this one. When she is not aware, she won't even feel it." I whispered.

"But how will you do it?"

"I'll manage."

"What are you doing in the hospital? And what clothes are you wearing? Aarav. Are you a doctor? " Anika asks me.

She realises the fact that I am a doctor and is shocked.

"Yes, I am a doctor. But still, I am the same guy you met in your childhood."

Her friend went out of the room to attend a call from their workplace.

"Tell Dr. Harsh not to give me the shot he was planning to give me. If you are my friend, then you will support me."

"Harsh, you will not give her any shot. You understand." I directed him.

I was going to give it to her myself.

Please leave a vote and comment. I appreciate it.

Do you want an early update. Then show love by following me if you haven't followed till now.

Share what you imagine things taking place in the future between the 4 of them, especially the leads.