7.Anika is hurt

Anika

I saw my hand but felt nothing as if it was numb. But I could see blood oozing out.

"Call nurse Ma'am. She is in the opposite room." I asked one of my students.

She ran to call the nurse while the other students surrounded me, including the one who did this. His face seemed apologetic.

"What happened, Anika Ma'am? A kid called me. Let me see." The nurse says as she sees my hand.

"Do something fast. Stop the blood and cover it."

"Ma'am this can't be done here. I don't have all the supplies. You need to go to the hospital. Good thing Sunshine Hospital is close by."

"No, I won't go to the hospital. You do it."

"You are going to the hospital. No arguments, Anika. How much are you hurt." I heard Kiara's voice.

"It's nothing that serious. There is no need to go to the hospital." I tried to convince her.

"Don't be stubborn, Anika. You need to go, and I am not listening to any of your excuses." She almost scolded me.

The closing bell ran. This means the students were free to go home. This also meant that I was supposed to go to the hospital along with Kiara.

Kiara

We reached the hospital really fast. I got her checked in for the emergency, and I had to stay at the reception to complete the formalities.

"I won't go inside without you," Anika ordered.

"Listen, she isn't allowed to go inside until the doctor says." A nurse chimned in.

"I am completing the formalities, Anika. Go inside, i am sure you will be taken good care of." I assured her.

Anika's injury wasn't very bad, but it still required treatment. I just hope Anika cooperates with them.

"I got called for an emergency. Where is the patient, and what's the case." I heard a deep voice asking the receptionist while I was filling out the form.

I turned my face to see him.

It was Dr. Harsh. Our neighbour.

"Doctor, the patient is in room 3. Her name is Anika Sahay. There is a cut on her arm." The nurse at the reception answered him.

"Ok, thanks. I will see her." He said and left.

He didn't notice me at all.

A workaholic.

He looked so cool in the scrubs.

Harsh

Walking into the room, I saw a young girl with an injured hand.

Stains on her face and light red eyes. Must have been crying. It's time to comfort her before starting the treatment.

"Hello, Anika. I am Dr. Harsh, and I will be looking after you today. I know it's paining. But it will all go away soon. Please show me your hand." I said and slowly grabbed her hand to have a look.

I could tell she was nervous, but she stayed silent.

Removing the gauze, I saw blood dried up. Deep red, making it look purple. It won't need stitches. That's good.

"Tell me if it pains. How did this happen, though?" I asked her as I began applying antiseptic to clean the wound.

"One of my kids attacked with a scissor."

Her kid. Unrealistic. She doesn't look like a mother.

"Your kid?"

"I mean my student. I am a teacher." She clarified.

"Oh, you are a teacher, but you love your students as your own kids." I continued chatting while dressing it up.

"Yes, they are innocent. The kid who did this doesn't even know about the effects."

"That's so sweet of you."

"The kid used a scissor, right? Are you sure?" I asked her once again as she will need a TT.

"Yes, it was scissor."

"Prepare a TT and a acetaminophen." I told the nurse.

"It's done. You will feel better soon." I told Anika after I was done wrapping it.

"Thank you, doctor."

Meanwhile, the nurse handed me the TT injection.

"Now, show me your upper arm. It's time for your TT shot."

"Why an injection. I won't take it. "

Hi guys.

I hope you liked it.

As soon as I get to know about your thoughts about the story from 10-15 users. I will immediately update. That's a promise.

Love you all