Guidance

People handle death in funny ways.

Some cry, some rage, some completely ignore it.

You didn't quite know what to do. As a matter of fact, despite all the death that had surrounded you like some sort of plague, you had never actually handled it.

You kept it at a distance so you didn't have to touch it. You didn't have to cradle it as life slipped away and death took over.

When you did feel the chill of death at your fingertips, you didn't quite know what to do with it.

Despite the crimson feathers that soared through the air, the sense that you had already seen a glimpse of the future, the flow of water that was under your command, none of it was alive.

None of it was life.

Only a sign of death.

With a headache of a quirk at your disposal, Hawks' feathers maneuvered around the attacks, some getting destroyed, and made their way to All For One.

One stabbed into his arm.

Another was grabbed by his enlarged one.

You summoned them back and Midoriya grabbed the one remaining, using it as a sort of sword.

All For One moved out of the way and sped towards you. You pushed off the ground and flew off, with feathers shooting from your back in attempts to protect you.

He reached out and grabbed your foot and you felt something beneath your skin begin to break. You winced, stifling a scream, and eyed a rock on the ground. "Shambles!"

You landed on the round and glanced at your leg, which bent in an odd way. "Putain..." You breathed, shutting your eyes tightly.

"What happened?" Best Jeanist came to your side and you held up your hand. "I'm fine."

"Try to conceal yourself, you need to heal!"

You lifted your head, the odd whisper sending a chill down your spine. "Deku, use Smokescreen!"

Midoriya nodded and smoke radiated from his figure, concealing everyone on the battlefield.

"Make doubles to do the work, that's what I do!"

You looked around, hoping to see someone trying to speak you, but no one was around.

You held out your arm and doubles of you emerged, each in perfect condition, able to stand and walk normally.

They ran off and you heard the sound of attacks coming from the direction they ran in.

"Good thinking," Best Jeanist said as fibres began to wrap around your leg. "Do you think you can procure something to keep your leg straight?"

Water spurted from your hand and turned to ice.

"Good, it'll numb it as well." He held the bar of ice next to your leg. "Now try and stay quiet, alright?"

You nodded and she gently grabbed your shin, then pulled your leg so it lied straight. Youheld your breath, trying to remain quiet as the others fought All For One.

His fibres wrapped around your leg and the ice and you let out the breath you were holding.

"Good," Best Jeanist said. "You don't normally get caught like that."

"I got distracted."

"I'd guess so."

You wanted to roll your eyes, but the label of it being immature clouded the thought.