Death

(Himeko's pov)

During the year I started off my mission. I was usually always over at Itachi's house after school. We were both in the same class so we'd get out the same time. Also, Mikoto had a baby. It was a boy and his name was Sasuke.

He's so cute! Itachi was really loving and protective over him. Every time I came by he was holding little Sasuke. Like today. I came over to spend the night. No one opened the door so I walked in myself. While I was walking around I heard muttering.

I came outside and smiled when I saw Itachi sitting on the patio with little Sasuke while staring out at the sky. "You'll never put him down will you?" I asked.

He jumped slightly but relaxed when he saw it was me. He smiled slightly and shook his head.

"I still can't believe I'm a big brother." he admitted while I took a seat next to him. "Can I see him?"I asked with my arms open. He nodded and shifted the sleeping Sasuke into my arms.

I lightly rocked him in my protective arms and smiled. "He looks like your mother." I said admiringly. "Yea, but he's got the Uchiha eyes and our father's hair." Itachi said. I kept staring at Sasuke's face and then gently kissed his head before giving him back to Itachi.

"Why didn't you come to school today?" I asked him while he got Sasuke comfortable in his arms again. "My parents and to go out early so I had to stay home." he sighed.

I made a face of realization.

"My parents are gone too....I wonder where they went?" I questioned myself. After that we just talked a bit longer before both our eyes got wide and we froze. There was an awful chakara in the air.

Sasuke instantly woke up as if he could fee the chakara.

Followed by his cries was the roar of some beast and the shaking of the ground. We both shot up and ran away from the building, only to see the other children in our clan being directed to the safe house.

We followed suit.

"What's going on!" I asked aloud. "I don't know." Itachi said panting slightly as he held Sasuke close. We got into the safe house and sat down with the other Uchiha.

I leaned my head on the wall behind me and panted. "Shhh~ don't cry Sasuke." I heard Itachi coo. I glanced over to see him smiling down at the whimpering Sasuke.

"Don't worry big brother is here. I'll protect you no matter what, I promise." he said with a smile. Almost as if understanding his words and believing them, Sasuke was calm. I placed a hand on Itachi's shoulder making him look up at me.

"You're going to be a great big brother." I smiled. He smiled back and thanked me.