Accept It

(Himeko's pov) 

I sheepishly rubbed the back of my neck as I simmered under the two boys's gazes. "Look uh, I know you two have a fuse to blow on me but can you give Naruto and I a few minutes?" I requested. They stared at me sternly, looked at each other, then back at me.

Shisui was the first to cave in. With a sigh, he turned to the door. "You better prepare yourself Hime!" He warned. Itachi stood still for a few seconds before following suit. When the door was closed, Naruto and I looked at each other. 

"You're so screwed." He stated deviously. I narrowed my eyes at the smug boy. I flicked his forehead as hard as I could, eliciting a yelp from him. The two of us talked about things I had missed in the village and what I had seen outside the village. 

Naruto has never left the village so he always made it his top priority to hear tales of my adventures. I told him of the hot, scorching deserts of the sand village, the never ending crying village Ami, and even ancient temples protected by spirits. 

He'd awe and stare up at me in amazement. "Hey Big Sister Hime! When I'm old enough, will you take me out of the village!" He asked excitedly, squirming around on my lap. 

I laughed at his overjoyed and hopeful look. Gently I messed up the top of his hair. "Of course. I'll even take you to my favorite restaurants and let you meet some of my friends who are powerful shinobi." 

He pumped his fist into the air while shouting in joy. He launched up from my lap and began to dance on top of my bed. I watched silently in amusement. However, our little party ended by a knock on my door. 

In poked Shisui's head with an impatient look on his face. "I'm sure whatever you guys are talking about is really fascinating, but can we come in now." He asked with a slight edge of boredom in his voice. 

I rolled my eyes. "Impatient as always." I muttered under my breath. I turned to Naruto with a gentle smile. Arms opened wide. Knowing it meant good-bye, he carefully walked across my bed sheets to fall into my embrace. 

The hug was short, but warm and comforting. Pushing him back, I placed a hand on his head.