Mission 2

(Himeko's pov)

We were back in formation with me and Shisui in the back and Itachi in the front. All three of us were jumping through the trees, heading towards the Elemental Brother's hideout. The villagers pointed which way they ran before evacuating.

Neither one of us talked, all focused on our steps. In a matter of minutes, we were told to drop by Itachi. All three of us hid behind bushes before looking in front of us to see a well-hidden hideout.

It was a cave, but you wouldn't realize it with all the plants covering it. Outside of the cave stood two of the brothers. "Where is the third one?" Shisui muttered quietly. "I see his chakra inside the cave," Itachi said back.

"We should just take them out...." I murmured impatiently. 

"Calm down Himeko. Shisui and you will take out this one while I ta-"

"I'll do it." I cut in, turning my attention to Itachi. "I'm faster than you. Plus, the last brother is water style. I overpower him with my lighting style." He seemed to stare at me behind his mask, deciding whether or not to let me go. 

He turned back to the men before answering with, "Fine. Himeko will go." With the decision set, the boys launched out and took the men out by surprise. I waited till they made contact. 

However, just as they cut them down they turned into a puff of smoke. My eyes widen in shock. 'What? What's going-' I stopped in mid-thought as I realized how much danger they were in. I shot up and ran towards the boys. 

"IT'S A TRAP!" I screeched, but it was too late as an explosion from beneath us caused the ground to crumble into pieces. I screamed as I continued to free fall. I looked below us to see earth spikes protrude from the ground. 

'Not good.' I cursed before activating my Sharingan. I released my susano'o. One hand clutched onto the side of the hole while the other one grabbed the two before they could fall. "Himeko!" Shisui shouted. 

Sweat traveled down my forehead, my heartbeat was fast, and a small breath of relief came out. I threw the two on land in safety while I pulled myself up. But before I could get far enough, something felt off. 

I looked below me and my eyes widen again. Two eyes and a devious smirk looked up at me. The spikes melted back as the creature lifted itself up from the earth. "What the hell is that?" I asked myself. 

Before I could comprehend the situation, a rough tongue-like extension grabbed onto my susano'o's foot, pulling me down forcefully. 

(3RD POV) 

Itachi and Shisui dusted themselves off, staying on stable land. The two boys looked around for their other teammate but saw no sight of her. "Where's Himeko?" Itachi wonders aloud, worried for his teammate. 

They heard a large explosion coming from the abyss they had just escaped from. They quickly ran over and looked down, but it was too dark for their mundane vision. Itachi turned on his Sharingan and could see the situation clearly. 

"HIMEKO!" Shisui screamed worriedly. Her susano'o was being attached by some rock-based like creature. "Oh, it seems brother Lin's got the pretty lady~" a devious voice spoke out. Itachi and Shisui took out their weapons and faced their enemies.