414. Into The Future

Ben comes out of a black portal that appears in the woods. It's night now, so this place is really dark and eerie. It doesn't bother Ben though because he can sense his surrounding just fine.

"Hmm, I thought the portal would appear in the lab too. But it seems the coordinate changed, so I arrived in a forest. Well, it doesn't matter as long as I arrive at the correct timeline. I don't want to cause more changes by entering the wrong timeline."

Ben ponders it while looking at the portal that disappears slowly. Then he looks around and closes his eyes to sense his surroundings. He senses many magical creatures a few kilometers around him, but they all are average creatures.

"There is no Dragon near me. Damn, I hope I am in the correct timeline now."

Ben flies high into the sky and looks around the dark area.

"Quorra, find my lab."

[Searching hidden lab.....]

[Hidden lab has been found.]

[Location: 1,286.86 km West]

"So we are quite far. Alright, let's-!"

Ben suddenly gets alerted because he senses something getting closer. He looks to the left and sees a massive blue-white creature flying in the sky. It's a Dragon that flies alone in the sky, but it doesn't fly toward Ben because he has hidden his presence very well since he arrived.

"A Dragon, that's a good sign because it means the chance that I am in the correct location is high."

Although he wants to check the Dragon, Ben's priority is reaching his lab. He needs to find the survivors immediately and sees his children. So Ben flies to the location that has been marked by Quorra in his mind.

With his current speed, Ben can fly very fast, and no one in Earth Land can match him. He covers the whole 1,286.86 km in just 5 minutes. So his speed is around 4.29 km/second, and he could move faster if he didn't need to hide his presence & power.

On his way to the lab, Ben senses many Dragons scattered on the land. Most of them are average Dragons, but they are still very powerful for most Mages. Other than Dragon, Ben also sees destroyed civilizations everywhere which makes him click his tongue.

Ben arrives above the forest near Cait Shelter where his hidden lab is located. The forest and village don't look good at all because they are devastated. He assumed the enemies found out the lab's general location and tried to destroy it, but Ben made that lab very sturdy, so it should be fine.

Now that he is close to the lab, Ben can teleport inside it, and that's what he does. He teleports right into the lab and appears in the special room he made to enter the lab. It's just a small room for his teleportation, so he opens the door to enter the lab's main room.

When he opens the door, Ben suddenly hears a pan falling sound on his left, so he turns his head. What he sees is a short-haired Wendy that looks buffed and has some scars on her body & face. She is looking at Ben with wide eyes and a very shocked expression as if she is looking at a ghost.

{Welcome to the lab, Master.}

Jarvis suddenly welcomes him, making Wendy's eyes get even wider.

"Wendy?"

Ben asks to make sure if she is Wendy, but she doesn't answer and just runs toward him. Wendy jumps onto him and hugs him very tightly as tears flow out of her eyes.

"Even if this is just a dream, please, let me have this dream a little longer."

Wendy cries while saying that, so Ben smiles sadly and hugs her back. It's been so long since he sees his sister being a crybaby like this. He pats Wendy's back and holds her in his arm without saying anything while she cries out loud.