424. Bronze Dragon

Finally, Ben's group will start attacking the Dragons. Now they have 534 people after a lot more joined when Ben returned to the fortress city. They were attacked after Elefseria's group left to follow Ben.

Of course, they couldn't defend themselves properly without any Dragon Slayers on their side. That's why they decided to join Ben's group attacking the Dragons. Defending without Dragon Slayers made them realize that they can't just wait. They need to attack and take their freedom back.

In the last few days, everyone has prepared themselves as best as they could. Ben helped them by providing Dragon weapons and armor for everyone including the Dragon Slayers. This will increase their chance of winning and surviving this war.

Obviously, the weapons and armor aren't just made of Dragons' body parts like scales, bones, fangs, etc. Their qualities are very high and Ben installed high-level enchantment on them to maximize their power. With these weapons and armor, even the ones without Dragon Slayer Magic will be able to fight a Dragon alone with sufficient skills.

Ben gives weapons & armor based on his trust and also the users' levels. He obviously gives the best weapons and armor to his family and friends first before the others. Brandish is included in that list because Ben has known Brandish's character and he knows he can trust her.

Besides, without a great weapon, Brandish's power will be useless because she isn't a Dragon Slayer, and normal-grade weapons won't be able to endure her power. She has power rivaling a Dragon, so it will be a big shame if she can't use that power to defeat Dragons. That's why Ben facilitates her with one of the best weapons & armor so that she can kill the Dragons.

The Dragon Hunter group then goes to their first attack targets. Just like on the other continents, the Dragons are spread in many places here. They'll only move when called and they mostly spend their time in their nests, gathering magic power.

Most Dragons are staying in small groups of 3 to 10 Dragons. They usually move as groups by Acnologia's order, so they stay with their groups in forests, mountains, or ruins. This is good for now because the Dragon Hunters don't need to fight thousands of Dragons at once.

Fighting thousands of Dragons at once will be very difficult. There are a lot of new members, so they need to know each other in battles first to improve their teamwork even a little bit by fighting just a few Dragons. At the very least, they won't hinder each other in the main war if they know each other a little bit.

They will attack a group of 6 Dragons for their first attack. Ben assigns Wendy, Brandish, Lucy, Elefseria, and the strongest Martial Artist of the Eastern Continent, Tsunzu to lead the other 5 teams while he'll lead the other 1. These guys are strong and they have leadership skills, that's why he chose them.

Their attack starts right away and they still use a space barrier. It's a very good and safe strategy that has given them victories while removing post-battle problems, after all. So they will keep using it while it's still helpful.

Lucy & Brandish can erect the space barriers themselves now. As for Elefseria and Tsunzu, they use a magic tool that Ben made to erect the barriers. The magic tool is still not perfect and it still has a time limit, that's why they need to finish the battle fast.

That's also why those 2 groups have more people with experience and they also face the weakest Dragons in the group. Hopefully, they can defeat the Dragon before reaching the time limit.

Ben's group is attacking the 4th ranked Dragon in the group. He doesn't fight the strongest because his group members are full of new guys. Everyone in his group is a new member who has just joined because they follow Elefseria.