422. Elefseria

Ben's show of power has just started. He attacks the remaining 7 Dragons using his Dragon sword at a high speed. He cuts the 2nd Dragon's right wing before piercing its heart with a thrust that releases a strong & sharp Sun Dragon Slayer Magic straight blade.

Then he attacks the 3rd Dragon that shoots a magma pillar at him. He swings his sword vertically, creating a very sharp solar blade that cuts through the magma pillar. The blade keeps cutting through the magma and then it cuts the Magma Dragon's body in half.

The remaining Dragons meet the same fate of being slain by Ben using his swords. When he finishes, his swords break apart because they can't withstand his power. He sighs and returns to the fortress after turning the 8 dead Dragons into lacrima crystals.

His feat of defeating 8 Dragons very easily shocks everyone there. Even the ones in his group are surprised by how easily he killed the Dragons. They never saw Ben fight Dragons by himself, after all. So they never know how powerful he truly is in battle.

They never thought that he would be so powerful that he manages to slay 8 Dragons very easily. But he hasn't even shown his real power, so they will see more surprises in the future. Ben didn't need to show his real power yet because those Dragons were just normal Dragons that have their power enhanced, but they are still too weak for the current him.

"So, people of Guiltina, I hope that was enough to show my capabilities. We will set out to attack the Dragons in a week, so make your decision before that."

Ben wants to leave immediately because his group needs to gather supplies first. But it seems Elefseria has made his decision, so he jumps and approaches Ben hastily.

"Sir Ben, I have made my decision, which will also be Guiltina's decision. We will cooperate with you and follow your lead to attack the Dragons."

"Are you sure? Your people are still quite reluctant you know."

"Then, if no one else wants to join you, then I myself will join you."

Elefseria's statement surprises everyone from Guiltina because he is the pillar of their force. He was chosen to lead them because he knows Dragons the best and he is the best person who can nurture the Dragon Slayers. If he's gone, then their defense will surely collapse.

Before anyone can show their worry, the 17 Dragon Slayers in Guiltina's squad announce their intention to follow Elefseria's decision. These guys know very well what it takes to defeat a Dragon. They know well that what Ben has just shown was a very difficult thing, yet he did it very easily.

Even they want to survive and get stronger. They became Dragon Slayers to fight for their lives and save themselves. Following Elefseria has saved them many times and now the man they follow is following someone else. They know Elefseria won't decides something without any consideration, so this might be the best decision for now.

Besides, if they stay here, they will just be pawns that get ordered around and sacrificed when the Dragons attack. The Dragon Slayers in Ben's group are very strong despite their young ages. So they can tell that he doesn't just use them, but also nurtures them.

"Very well. Those who choose to follow me can come here immediately. I will wait for a little and leave. As for those who still can't decide, I will return in 3 days. Think well and make your decision."

Some more people who are close to the Dragon Slayers and have some senses decide to follow Ben too. Even if the plan to attack the Dragons sounds crazy, they know they won't survive without the Dragon Slayers. And even if they stay here, they will get wiped out by the Dragons sooner or later anyway, so they rather attack first.