428. Stronger Acnologia

Acnologia backs off and shoots a powerful Dragon Roar at Ben who responds by shooting his Sun Dragon Roar too. Their Dragon Roars clash in the middle and push each other. But no one gets the upper hand and the clash turns into a massive explosion.

The impact of this explosion is bigger than before, although not as big as the Dragon Lacrimas' explosion. It's still enough to create a big hole in the sea below them and even destroy a big part of the deep seafloor. Both of them are using a lot of power, that's why their clash could create this level of damage.

Ben flies at a high speed to attack Acnologia. He is very fast despite his massive & heavy body while activating his Dragon form. Ben reaches Acnologia in a second and starts attacking the latter who doesn't seem surprised with Ben's speed.

It is Ben who gets surprised though because he attacks Acnologia with fast attacks, but the black dragon can respond to his attacks fairly well. Acnologia has gotten faster too now that he can match Ben's speed. Ben's attacks look blurry because of how fast they are, but Acnologia can match those attacks' speed.

Acnologia can even react to feint attacks and surprise attacks. It feels very unreal for Ben to see Acnologia move this fast. Furthermore, it seems Acnologia can move even faster. Right now, Acnologia is even faster than the Speed Dragon that Ben killed before.

Ben keeps observing Acnologia to understand the Black Dragon's current power more. Quorra also scans Acnologia to give Ben more accurate data. And after a while, Ben finally can see Acnologia's stats that have improved so much. All his estimated stats are now higher than Ben's stats in Dragon form.

[Name: Acnologia
MP: 15,000,000
STR: 12,000
AGI: 10,000
STA: 15,000]

[Name: Ben Cooper (Dragon Form)
MP: 11,206,001/11,352,973
STR: 8,837
AGI: 9,975
STA: 10,524
INT: 17,935]

Quorra can't do an accurate reading on Acnologia's current power, so it's just estimated data. She can't read his intelligence stat too, but it doesn't matter because the most important thing is his magic power. He has twice more magic power than the one Ben fought in his timeline, while Ben hasn't reached that level, so it's quite worrying.

But Ben has a principle that lower stats doesn't always determine the result of battles. Battle skills are also very important and Ben is very confident in his battle skills. Now that he has a grasp of Acnologia's power, he can think of how to handle Acnologia.

He just needs to understand Acnologia's abilities in battle. With more power, Acnologia surely can do more things. Even with such big gaps in stats, Ben is sure he can win this battle if he knows more about Acnologia. Besides, he is sure that Irene also buffed Acnologia's stats using enchantment, so Acnologia's actual battle power is lower than this.

'I hope Wendy can defeat Irene quickly. Defeating Acnologia will be a lot more difficult if he still has Irene's enchantments.'

Ben attacks Acnologia using one of his most powerful spells. The spell creates a house-sized solar ball which then explodes right above Acnologia and engulfs the black Dragon. It has very high destructive power and temperature that it would gravely injure the past Acnologia or kill normal Dragons.

However, for the current Acnologia, this attack isn't even enough to damage him. Acnologia created a strong magic barrier to protect himself from the explosion. It gets destroyed after a while, but it reduces the explosion power, and the remaining power can't break through his scales.

"As I thought, Irene used enchantments on him."

Ben said that because he could sense a defense enchantment being activated when the explosion engulfed Acnologia. He is a master enchantment himself, so he surely can understand one when he sees it, and he knows the enchantments that Irene made for Acnologia are exceptionally powerful.