417. Dragon Hunt

The 2nd Dragon that becomes their target is a Lightning Dragon that lives on the top of a mountain. As before, Ben sets up a Space Barrier to prevent the Dragon from escaping, getting disturbed by other Dragons, or even getting their battle detected by others outside the barrier.

Unlike the Ice Dragon, this Lightning Dragon is fighting back. He even fights back harder when he sees Ben because he is very angry at Ben and wants revenge. So now Ben needs to help the young Mages by distracting the Dragon while they attack.

The Lightning Dragon just focuses on Ben, so the others can attack him rather easily. He attacks them too once in a while, but they can evade his fast lightning attack with Carla's help. Carla uses her future sight to see what the Lightning Dragon will do and warns the others before he attacks.

The battle lasts longer than before because the Lightning Dragon retaliates quite fiercely, but now their attacks have gotten stronger. They also have more experience fighting a Dragon together, so they can work together better now, and hopefully, it will get better as they fight more Dragons.

After the Lightning Dragon died, Ben turns it into a Dragon Lacrima too. Then he transplants it in the young Lightning Mage who actually has learned Lightning Magic even before Ben arrived. Ben still taught him things to improve his Lightning Magic though.

The effect on this young Lightning Mage is even better than the young Ice Mage. His magic power gets much stronger at a visible rate, unlike the young Ice Mage who needs training first to show the result. It's because this young Lightning Mage has a better understanding of his element than the Ice Mage.

Their hunt for Dragon Lacrimas goes well with Ben's guidance. They got 13 Dragon Lacrimas with different properties. Ice, Lightning, Fire, Heat, Water, Earth, Stone, Wood, Light, Poison, Lava, Steam, and Acid.

The Dragons with those types of magic spread all over Ishgar. Ben targeted those Dragons to give the young Mages varieties of magic. With different types of magic, they'll be able to handle most situations even when some properties don't work and it'll help them when some of their magic properties have an advantage over their opponents.

The Water Dragon Lacrima is transplanted into Bella's body. So now she has Water Devil & Dragon Slayer Magic. Her Devil Slayer Magic isn't effective against Dragon, but it will be dangerous to remove the Devil Lacrima, so Ben just added the Water Dragon Lacrima.

With his data & experience, Ben can make the transplantation in Bella's body safe. The Devil & Dragon Slayer Magic will coexist in her body without any side effects. She also uses Lacrima crystals, so there won't be any risk of demonization or dragonization.

So now, the only ones without Dragon Slayer Magic are Lucy & Carla. They don't need it after all, because their magic is very useful already. Their hunt became easier with the help of Carla & Lucy who used their magic proficiently.

"16 Dragon Slayers excluding me. Our Guild would be the scariest Guild with these many Dragon slayers if this is the past. Well, doesn't matter, what's important now is hunting the Dragons. We will hunt the remaining Dragons on Ishgar, then we'll move to Alakitasia. Eastern Continent will be next, and Guiltina is last."

Ben wants them to grow first before facing the Dragons' main forces. He needs each one of them to be strong enough to face a Dragon alone. If they just train, it will take years, so they need to hunt Dragons and increase their power.

After training for a few days, their real hunt begins. Ben leads them to hunt Dragons that stay on Ishgar. Their hunts are not easy, but they always succeed because Ben is there. Just like before, Ben turns the defeated Dragon into Dragon Lacrimas.