423. Agreement

In the forest, Ben's group is making their preparations for the war. The area where they camp has been protected by a space barrier, but there are still some creatures that remained inside the barrier. So some people hunt the magic beasts while some more go to get food.

Meanwhile, Wendy is healing the injured people who followed Elefseria. They have various injuries that they received after facing the Dragons that attacked their fortress. The Dragon Slayers have worse injuries than the others because they are the main forces.

But Wendy can heal any of their injuries without any problem. They are very surprised by her healing ability which can be seen as a miracle. She can't grow lost limbs though, but they are still happy they don't feel pain anymore.

"Elefseria, can I have a moment?"

Ben and Elefseria talk in private because he wants to ask something important.

"What is it, Sir Ben?"

"Those Dragon Slayers, how did they get their Dragon Slayer Magic? Their smells are very different from any generations of Dragon Slayers that I've ever met."

".... It's because their method to become Dragon Slayers was different. They don't learn their magic from Dragons or use Dragon Lacrimas. They ate dead Dragons' parts. Be it flesh, blood, or other parts they can eat. Consuming Dragons' parts can grant them Dragon Slayer Magic. I forbid it, but eating a Dragon Slayer can also give the same effect."

"Hmm, no wonder their smells are different. But from what I see, that method has its pros and cons. They don't seem to have motion sickness even though Wendy didn't cast a helping spell on them when they were in the airship. She only cast it on you because I needed to talk with you."

"Fufufu, so you've tested us on the way here. Yes, they don't have motion sickness, unlike the 1st and 3rd generations. They are the 5th generation of Dragon Slayers. This generation got stronger very fast after they become Dragon Slayers."

"Is that so? But from what I see, their potentials are not as good as the others generations. Eating Dragons or Dragon Slayers must've had some kind of effect on them. At the very least, it would affect their minds, souls, and bodies. They have more draconic traits in their bodies than other generations even though they don't activate Dragon Forces. Also, when they fought, I can see tendencies to be violent like beasts. They are more affected by Dragons than other generations. I feel like they have become half-dragons already."

"You are not wrong. Their chance of turning into Dragons is actually high, especially if they use Dragon Forces. I even killed some of them in the past because they are transforming into Dragons. Their Dragon Forces are also very different from other generations. They also have tendencies to lose their mind in that state. Although maybe it was affected by their inexperience because they haven't learned their magic properly before attempting to use Dragon Forces."

"So that's how it is. Creating Dragon Slayers using that method is surely easy because you can just eat the Dragons you defeated or the fallen Dragon Slayers. But it isn't a good method if I must say."

Elefseria agrees with that because even though the 5th generation can become strong very fast, they have low potential and some annoying drawbacks. Well, every generation is like that, so Ben doesn't have a problem with it.

The problem is they won't be able to use their full power in the war because Dragon Slayers' true power appears when they use Dragon Forces. But if they activate Dragon Forces, they might turn into Dragons, which means they are helping enemies instead of helping the Mages.

"We don't have enough time to take care of that problem. That's why I will tell you this now. I will kill anyone who turns into a Dragon and lose their mind. If they can keep their sanity, then it isn't a problem, but you said it yourself that they tend to lose their mind after being Dragonized. You have been Dragonized yourself, but I won't kill you because you are still sane."