441. Homecoming

After a short discussion, the twin finally decides who'll get the lacrimas. Gabriel will take the Sun Dragon Lacrima while Ariel will take Acnologia's Dragon Lacrima. The reason is that Gabriel already has White Dragon Lacrima and Sun Dragon Lacrima will complement it while Ariel has Shadow Dragon Lacrima and Acnologia's Dragon Lacrima suits it better.

Ben helps them attach their new Dragon Lacrimas to their bodies. After he finished, he gives the other Dragon Lacrimas he made to Wendy. He asks her to keep them and gives them to those she thinks are worthy of them.

"Ariel, Gabriel, this is my last gift before returning."

Ben gives the 2 of them a lacrima crystal ball that looks normal. They know it's a kind of device, so they try to activate it. When it activates, a small screen appears above the crystal ball. A video starts to play. It's a video of Mira and Ben.

"Mira couldn't come here, so she could only send her message this way. Me and Mira from this timeline have died and we don't know if you still have our photos. That's why Mira recorded this video along with some of our family photos. When you miss us, you can always watch this video or look at these photos."

Ben gives a photo album book to the crying Ariel and Gabriel. Even if it's just a video and photos, they can see their mother's face again after so long.

"One day, when I manage to improve my space and time magic knowledge, I will take Mira and yourselves from my timeline here. So make sure to live a good life until that day come."

"Yes!"

Ben stays for one more week to prepare for his return. He has prepared the device to go back to his timeline, so he can return anytime. But he still stays for one more week because he wants to spend more time with his children here.

After a week, Ben finally returns to his timeline using a time-travel door. It is connected to another door that he has prepared in his house's underground room. The doors are destroyed after he used them because they can't withstand the pressure of time and space energy.

"Sigh, if my understanding of space and time is higher, also if I have sufficient materials, then I would be able to make the doors last for a long time like Eclipse Gate. Well, this is good enough for this trip."

{Welcome back, Master.}

"How long have I gone, Jarvis?"

{You have just gone for 47 days, 8 hours, and 35 minutes.}

"Hmm, I was there for around 1 year and a half, but it has just been 47 days here. It's not that the time flows differently. My time-travel door was just connected to this time. I planned to connect it to 40 days after I left, but it changed to 47 days. It seems I need to do more research or when I try to do it again, I might be unlucky and get sent to years in the future or past."

{Master, I have informed your family of your arrival. They are on their way to your location now.}

"Alright, thanks. How about Wendy's team? Have they returned?"

{No, there is still no news of their return. However, it is predicted that they will need a few more months to return.}

"Why?"

{They have contacted the guild for reinforcement regarding their quest. The subjugation targets are Dragons, so Guildmaster sent the other Dragon Slayer to assist them in this quest.}

"So that's how it is."

{Will you assist them, Master? With Master's assistance, this quest will finish in a much shorter time.}

"No, I won't interfere. I already fought those Dragons in that timeline, so I know their power quite well. With our friends' current abilities, they have quite a good chance to defeat those Dragon Gods as long as they play their cards correctly. They won't win easily, but they won't get defeated easily either."