415. Attack Preparation

3 months have passed since Lucy returned from the past. Ben is glad his arrival isn't that long since Lucy returned. It will be a problem if he arrives years after her return because things might be very different.

Ben asks more things because he needs information to start making a plan. Although he doesn't need to ask about the other Guild members including his wife & in-laws. But Wendy tells him anyway, that Mira, Elfman, & Lisanna of this timeline have died after he died to protect them.

Although it hurts Ben's heart to know that the ones he loved died here, he is also very proud of them because they could protect these young children who will be this world's future. Now, he will make sure their death won't be in vain.

"Alright, now let's see how strong you guys are. I don't want to do this alone. I will help you kill all the Dragons, but I need you to be stronger for your future too. Jarvis, open my personal training room."

{Understood.}

They all go to a room deeper than the lab. It's a very big room and it doesn't have anything, it's just an empty room. This is a room Ben built to train when he is in the lab. He needs to train every day, so he needs a training room everywhere.

"Come at me together so that I can see your power. No need to hold back, this room can withstand even Acnologia's attack for a while."

The others nod and start attacking Ben together. Wendy flies toward him very fast and sends a strong kick to his face. Ben catches her leg and can feel the sharpness of the wind that coats her kick. Any normal Mage would get their hand cut easily by this sharp kick.

"Good, you don't hesitate anymore."

"There is no time to hesitate. And thanks for the gift, by the way."

"Gift? Ah, the Dragon Lacrima, huh?"

When Lucy returned to the past timeline, Ben gave her a Dragon Lacrima for Wendy. It's a Sky Dragon Lacrima Ben made for his timeline's Wendy. But when he heard about this timeline's problem, Ben decided to give it to this Wendy.

Furthermore, this Wendy has her magic sealed by this timeline's Ben to prevent Acnologia from finding her through her Dragon Slayer Magic. But she would be safe in this lab, so she could activate her magic again. Only Ben could unseal it though, that's why he gave her the Sky Dragon Lacrima which won't just unseal her magic but also increase her power.

"That reminds me, why didn't this timeline me took you guys here? At the very least he could take you to our home's basement which is very safe too."

"I think it was because we were very far. The Dragons' attacks happened at the Grand Magic Games in the Royal Capital. He was busy enough protecting us and he must've gotten very tired."

Lucy answers his question while they still fight. Everyone starts attacking Ben, but he doesn't have any problem facing 2 adults, some teenagers, 2 cats, and some children.

"I know, but for years? There must be chances to reach Magnolia or this place, right?"

"This place was possible, but not Magnolia."

"Why?"

"Magnolia was attacked right away after the Royal Capital. Acnologia attacked it himself and his main target was your home."

Ben raises an eyebrow because he doesn't understand why Acnologia would target his home.

{Can I have a say, Master?}

"Go on."

{At the time of the attack, my connection with the home system got cut off. The home system was the main system, so its destruction disrupt my connection with Master too. My system in this lab was also broken because this location was getting bombarded too.}