Kiyoomi Sakusa | Silent Treatment

Help, I thought Sakusa was a germaphobe this whole time-

Wait, is he?? I'm so confused :')

~*~
You walk past the gym, only your attention to be caught by intense echoes of volleyballs getting hit that rang out through the entire gym. You walk closer to the gym's doors, hesitant to walk in.

Squinting your eyes doesn't really do much to help you see better, so you decide to enter the gym, getting a closer look. You eventually realize that it's your close friend, Sakusa, that was working on his hits and spikes at the moment. You walk up to him with a small smile. "Hey, Sakusa!" You gave him a wave, only to get silence as a response from Sakusa.

"Sakusa?" You lean forward a bit, looking at his face, though he didn't look back at you in the slightest. You slightly bite your lip, hoping you didn't do anything wrong to upset him. You let go of your loose, balled up fist, relaxing it for a moment as you stared at Sakusa for awhile before speaking up once more.

"Sakusa, are you oka-" Your words were cut off by a louder, and more powerful hit to the volleyball, that eventually went out of the court area, slamming into a wall. You flinched, shutting your jaw closed as your widened eyes went over to the wing spiker.

Sakusa looked at his hand for a second as it showed faint red marks from spiking the ball way too hard. Eventually, he quickly dropped his hand, putting it in his pocket, walking away. You kept up with him, trying your best to get his attention.

"Sakusa. Please answer me, are you okay?" You gently tap his arm as he lowered his head, his covered expression showed a glimpse of disgust with a slant to his eyes, as he continued to ignore you like a pesty insect.

You decide to let him go, standing by the doorway to watch Sakusa slowly walk away. You make your way to your own dorm room to think about whatever just happened. You close your door behind you, sitting on your bed with your head down, and your palm on the side of your face in thought.

He.. couldn't get mad at me? I just said 'hello' to him, is that word apparently insulting now? You slightly scoff, growing annoyed by his act. Rumors have been going around, saying that you two have developed some kind of relationship with each other. You two are friends, but you sometimes think more than just a close friend. You kept that to yourself.

You eventually stop thinking so much about it. It just might be a misunderstanding, that's all. You shrug, leaving it at that. You rest your back up against the bed frame, apparently not leaving that last thought of yours in your head.

After giving your mind a workout of thinking, you rise to your feet with a small stretch, placing your hand on your doorknob. You open your door to find Sakusa close enough towards your doorway, eventually backing up a lot.

Startled by his appearance at first, you blink at him with a slight irritated expression. That thought about it being a 'misunderstanding,' got overflowed with other thoughts that you soon believed. He was lucky enough to catch and stop you, well probably just catch.

"Y/N." Sakusa spoke up, looking at your face with a settled, yet still emotionless expression. You decided to ignore him, walking out of your room, and leaving the wing spiker by himself.

This made Sakusa follow you around for a bit before he quickly gave up. You pretty much regretted this whole act of payback towards Sakusa. You decided to ask him about this whole problem in the first place, luckily getting his attention.

Sakusa looked behind his shoulder, and at you with a soft grumble. He eventually turns his whole body towards you, stuffing his hands into his pockets. "Sakusa, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have been so..." You pause, trying to find the right word to describe yourself in that moment. "Blunt..?" You add on with a questionable tone before taking a breath.

"But.. why did you ignore me?" You question, try not to get irritated by the subject that much. Sakusa glanced at the ground, then back at your face. He repeated this process for a second before speaking up. "I've been.. caught up in.. volleyball... ssssstuff." He gave a slight shrug to one of his shoulders, giving a muffled response due to his mask.

You took those words Sakusa spoke for granted, luckily believing him. You blinked, still having more questions to ask. "Then.. why didn't you tell me? Was I annoying to you? Did I do anything wrong?" You wait for his reply a bit nervously.

He slightly shook his head, taking in a muffled inhale. "Caught up in my thoughts." Sakusa lowered his voice, along with his head as his eyes slowly dragged off your face, and on the ground again. You bite your lip again, letting this conversation go. You gave a shrug, believing him. "Alright, I believe you." You gave a smile towards the volleyball player, nudging his side with your elbow.

Sakusa stood still as you eventually hugged his side affectionately. He glanced at you, still trying to grow comfortably, which did work. Silently, Sakusa took his hand out of one of his pockets, wrapping his arm around your body. He lowered his head with a small exhale.

You couldn't see the lower half of Sakusa's face at all, but something tells me he was smiling at that moment.

~*~
Wait, hold on..
Am I growing attached to this character?

Have a great day!