Tell me the Truth. | YakuLev

Yaku and Lev sat in their apartment's living room area, watching a couple shows that they both enjoyed. It was pretty late out as the two got a bit drowsy, though what caught Yaku's attention was small and slightly big bruises on Lev's arms.

"Bruises?? Where did those come from?" Yaku spoke up, looking at Lev with slightly widened and concerned eyes. He gently grabbed one of Lev's arms, rubbing his thumb against one of the bruises he had.

"Does it hurt?" Yaku lowered his voice, having an overall calm manner all of a sudden. Lev knew if he spoke the truth, Yaku would be absolutely furious with him, so he kept it a secret for now, avoiding the scolding.

Lev watched Yaku rub his thumb against one of his bruises. He held his breath, slightly tensing up at the pain. He gave a gentle shake to his head in a 'no' manner, even though he was lying.

"I'm just probably clumsy, that's all." Lev spoke in a low tone, which wasn't really normal for him to do. He gave a small, fake smile along with his lie. Lev was in pain, but he tried to bear it for now.

Yaku slightly narrowed his eyes in suspicion. "Mm, well alright." Yaku sighed, placing Lev's hand back down. "Just.. be more careful, okay?" The libero shrugged, unraveling the covers that him and Lev shared. "I'm going to sleep. Wake me up if there's anything really serious going on." Yaku mumbled, giving a small peck on Lev's right side of his face.

"Alright, sleep well!" Lev smiled brightly, causing Yaku's smile to widen. As soon as the libero turned the corner and exited the living room, Lev's smile dropped as he lifted his head, pointing to the ceiling with an exhausted sigh.

Lev picked up his slightly cracked phone, checking the time before rising to his feet. The middle blocker entered both his and Yaku's room quietly and slowly, already spotting Yaku fast asleep. He placed his hands on the small drawer they had.

Lev pulled out a small money stash, placing the dollar bills in his loose pockets. He held his breath through the entire process, slowly closing the drawer back before quickly leaving the room and apartment.

Okay, in and out. I can do this. Lev took a breath, closing the door that slightly squeaked.

~*~

The next morning, Lev luckily arrived at the apartment before Yaku awoke. He caught his breath, closing the door, being careful not to slam it. He placed the leftover change of coins in his jacket pocket, hanging it up on a hanger.

"Ouch.." Lev tensed up at the bruises that slightly matched the newer ones. He rolled up one of his sleeves, checking his condition, which seemed worse from before.

He grumbled in pain, rubbing the back of his neck nervously. I can't keep this up any longer. When can I tell Yaku-san the truth? He'll be absolutely furious with me. What if he doesn't want to be with me anymore? What if..? What... if??

Lev squeezed his eyes shut at the thought of getting yelled at, or even worse. He placed his hand on the freezer handle, opening the freezer to search for some ice. Lev kept his tears from spilling, sniffling a couple times.

"You alright there, little lion?" A voice caught Lev's attention as he looked over his shoulder, spotting Yaku awake already. Pretty much caught Lev off guard, since that was he favorite nickname, but Yaku barely said it.

A small whimper escaped the middle blocker's mouth as he dipped his head down, giving a weak thumbs up. Yaku's face shifted, immediately growing concerned again. He took a step towards Lev. "Gosh, you look awful. Did you get any sleep?" Yaku's voice slightly cracked in worry.

Lev paused, growing hesitant before he finally made up his mind and spoke up. "A little." Lev's voice was slightly hoarse as he grabbed a chair, sitting down.

Yaku repeated his action, patting one of the middle blocker's knees for a bit of comfort, he knew he could do more than that, but it really looked like Lev was hurting. And he was.

"I have a question, Lev." Yaku paused, taking his hand off of the silver haired volleyball player, looking at him in the eyes, showing all serious. Lev held his breath once more, stiffening up like an entire log.

"Our money- it's gone. Do you know where it is?" Yaku slightly tilted his head, blinking. Lev eventually exhaled, clenching both his eyes and hands with a soft whine. He couldn't take it anymore. The lies, the pain, everything. It was all too much.

"I took it, Yaku-san." Lev spat out as Yaku froze, his breath hinging in the slightest. When the libero was about to open his mouth, Lev interfered with more words. "The bruises are all because of a gang. I haven't been getting sleep, I feel like a mess right now." Lev opened his emerald-green like eyes filling up with tears.

"Lev-" Yaku was cut off once more by the middle blocker in front of him. "Before you get mad, I wanted to be a part of a gang to make myself look cool. Like.. tough." Lev mumbled, slouching down in his chair. He closed his eyes again as tears fell, waiting for the scolding from Yaku.

Instead, Yaku fell silent, rising to his feet to give the middle blocker a warm hug. Very rare and unlikely of him to do this action. Lev jolted at the libero's touch before he quickly opened his eyes looking at Yaku.

"Lev, how long have you been keeping this a secret from me?" Yaku's voice sounded gently, still with a hint of concern. The complete opposite of what Lev thought Yaku would do or say.

"Um... weeks." Lev quietly responded as Yaku gave a frown, gently flicking his chin. "You.. clumsy, cute idiot." Yaku slightly huffed, though he kept his arms around Lev's body. Lev rubbed his chin before speaking again.

"Are you mad? I'm.. sorry." Lev slightly whimpered as Yaku's face softened. He stroked the middle blocker's hair with one of his hands. "A little, but at least you told the truth. Thank you, Lev." Yaku smiled gently as Lev's eyes widened with shock.

Yaku wasn't absolutely furious with him. Why though? He changed, he really did. Lev hugged Yaku back as soon as the libero stopped talking. Yaku wiped away Lev's tears that formed and fell from his eyes with his fingers.

Lev felt relief and weighed off his shoulders and back from telling the truth. It really did feel amazing to do the right thing.

He told the truth, and that's what really matters at the end.

~*~
Yippee! Finally a happy ending! Lesson of the story is to tell the truth, always. :)

Have a wonderful day!