Hitoka Yachi | Welcome to Karasuno.

You were tidying up the last few items that were in the gym of Karasuno, placing the last few volleyballs into the cart. You looked over your shoulder at Kiyoko, who was also tidying things up.

"Kiyoko, did I hear that we would have a new manager for the volleyball team?" You questioned as she gave a light nod to her head. "We might soon." She almost responded with a whisper, walking over to take care of the cart filled with volleyballs.

You gently smiled, placing one of your bag's straps on your shoulder while approaching the exit of the gym. "Alright then, I'll see you tomorrow." You spoke up, Kiyoko giving a small wave goodbye.

Eyeing the nearby vending machine, you decide to hydrate yourself, placing both of your hands in your pockets in search of at least coins. Luckily, you found some spare change in your pockets that you were saving before.

You approached the machine, scanning the available drinks that were inside while reading the small numbers for each drink before making your decision. In the corner of your eye, you couldn't really quite make it out but, you felt like something was staring at you from afar.

Quickly grabbing your drink from the vending machine, you glanced over to the right, spotting a much smaller young girl with light blonde hair poking her head out from around the corner of the wall, staring right a you.

Before you could even blink or speak up, she jolted before backing up so she wasn't seen anymore. You tilted your head slightly to the side, still standing there, since you knew she hadn't left yet. You spun the cap that was on your drink open before taking a couple of sips.

"Hello..?" You gently cleared your throat, speaking up. Afterwards, you heard a small, startled-like noise as the same girl slowly poked her head out from around the wall again. Her big, cautious brown eyes locking on you.

The timidly girl paused once more before shuffling to the side a bit, away from the wall. "Um, ah, hello." She eventually responded back, placing her hands behind her back, struggling to maintain eye contact.

Wow. She is small.. That was your first comment that formed in your head that time, looking at her up and down before giving a slight smile. She rubbed her arm. "Sorry for um.. spying on you a little." Her voice slightly cracked a few times as you noticed a faint pink hue on her face as well.

"Oh! No, no, it's completely fine." You shook your head immediately with a nervous smile. "What's your name?" You added on with a question as she stiffened up. "Oh, right.. aha, Yachi. Yachi Hitoka." Yachi fidgeted with her hands behind her back in the process of speaking.

"Nice to meet you, Yachi. I'm Y/N." You placed the cap back on your bottle, giving another friendly smile as her shoulders rose, along with her pink hue darking and appearing more visible. She let out a nervous laugh instead of more words she planned to speak.

Then, there is a moment of silence between you two before you glanced at the nearby public clock. "Oh, I gotta go now. Nice meeting you, again." You fixed the strap that was rested on your shoulder before Yachi nodded quickly, trying to get her words out. "Ah- oh! Right, you too!!" She spoke up as you were already walking away.

Yachi sat there for a moment, swallowing nervously before letting out a shaky exhale. They were.. cute.

~*~

The next day arose as you made your way to the Karasuno gym after the school hours were over. You ever wondered you'd see that girl again, honestly.

As soon as you opened the big doors to the gymnasium, Hinata perked up with his usal bright and cheerful attitude. "Hey, Y/N's here!!" He beamed excitedly, acting like he hasn't seen you in decades.

You smiled warmly at Hinata, placing one of your hands on his soft and fluffy orange hair. "Is Kiyoko here yet?" You asked, glancing over at Daichi. The wing spiker gave a shrug. "Guess not. I haven't seen her today." He responded.

You opened your mouth, only for your words to get cut off by the big doors opened again. You looked over your shoulder, spotting Kiyoko and also hearing the two childish second years almost scream out her name.

Kiyoko eventually ignore them both before taking in a breath. "Guys, I have someone you'd like to meet." She said in a calm manner as everyone went silent, looking straight at her.

There, you saw the same timid, small girl who was hiding behind Kiyoko at that moment, eventually showing herself slowly with a scared, yet more of a confused expression.

Immediately, you both made eye contact with each other. She was the first to stiffen up and look away, her words getting jumbled up into a nervous wreck.

You smiled sweetly with a soft sigh. You knew, right here, right now she would definitely have to get used to this team.

~*~
Yachi !! Gotta love her.
She was really a great help, if you think about it. Aaand.. I kinda kin her.

Have a great day!