Yuu Nishinoya | Exams

Oh my goodness, dude.

When I'm telling you I might be falling in love with Noya again, it's not a joke.

~*~
You and Nishinoya barely had any classes together. In fact, not at all, yet you two were very close friends.

After a long day of classes, the after-school gym area was quickly snatched up by no other than volleyball.

A sudden familiar voice caught your attention as you waited outside of the big gym doors. "Y/NNN!! Hey!" It was Nishinoya, waving his arms over his head with a bright smile before running over your way.

"It's been awhile, huh?" The libero placed one of his hands on his waist, grinning wide. You nudged his side a bit. "It's only been a few hours, doofus." You teased, eyeing his slightly wrapped hand curiously.

You pointed to Nishinoya's bandaged hand with a tilt to your head. "What's up with that? Don't tell me you got hurt." Your concern slightly grew before Nishinoya took his head. "Oh, this? That's nothin'! Just a small cut I want to wrap up for volleyball, y'know?"

Nishinoya patted your shoulder. "Always concerned for me, relax man!" He chuckled before making his way into the volleyball gym. You quickly followed him from behind, stopping him before he started to practice with his digs and defense work.

"Hey, so, Noya?" You paused as he looked over his shoulder, spinning one of the volleyballs in his small hands. "Y'know final exams are coming up, right?" You questioned as he stiffened up. "Huh?" His expression shifted.

You slowly blinked at him, eventually realizing he didn't get the point at all that exams were coming up soon. "The exams like.. every teacher must've announced in every single class." You added on as Nishinoya tilted his head.

"My goodness, Noya, it was even on the intercom." You rubbed your face with a sigh. As the tiny libero shook his head side to side. "Mm, well that sucks." He mumbled, rolling out the volleyball cart.

You could tell he wasn't really fazed by it like he usually would if Daichi was here. "Hey, Y/N! Let's see who can get all the volleyballs out of the cart the fastest!" He suddenly spoke with his loud demeanor, challenging you.

You dropped the topic of exams for now, focusing more on your friend. You accepted the challenge, quickly running over to the cart filled with volleyballs.

✧⁠*⁠。✧⁠*⁠。✧⁠*⁠。

The next day rolled around, then the next after exam day approached the school. You sat in the classroom, eyeing the window with a bored look on your face. It didn't look like it, but you were slightly anxious.

You caught yourself chewing a bit on your eraser before stopping your action, getting handed the sheet of paper from the teacher. After everyone got their papers, it was time to start that hellish exam.

Your eyes scanned the words of certain topics you were used to thankfully. You silently tapped your pencil against the paper, writing down and answering some of the multiple questions.

Eventually, you finished your exam, yet you stayed in your seat until time was up. Luckily, this was your last class of the day, meaning you could meet up with Nishinoya once again.

After the bell rang, you quickly grabbed your bag, gathering your things before walking towards the gym to Karasuno again.

You didn't see Nishinoya right away as you hoped. You squinted, scanning the inside of the gym to find no Nishinoya either. You eventually decided to settle down, placing your bag on the gym's floor.

"Sorry! Excuse me, guys!" You perked up at that voice, immediately knowing it was Nishinoya. Apparently, he was in a rush for no reason. The tiny libero almost slid across the gym flooring, spotting you quickly.

Nishinoya quickly ran up to you, lowering his body quickly with his arms out with a dive to the floor, trying to play it cool. Out of breath, he looked up with a tired smile. You looked down at him confusingly, slowly blinking at him. "Hey." You snorted. "What was that for?"

Nishinoya shrugged, immediately changing the topic right now. "What did ya get on the exam?" He blinked curiously. You slightly shook your head with a raise to your brow. "Does it look like I have the exam on me?"

The libero paused, making a fool out of himself by asking an obvious question. "My bad." Nishinoya cleared his throat, hopping to his feet eventually.

"But, focusing on you, I'm hoping you got an actual passing grade for once." You teased. Nishinoya frozed, slanting his eyes in an offended manner. "C'mon, man! You didn't have to go in on me like that!" He nudged your arm with a huff.

You laughed underneath your breath. "I'm kidding." You paused, glancing over at the volleyball court. Nishinoya knew what you were thinking just by a glance. "I'll go get the volleyballs!" Nishinoya snickered, running over to the supply room that held most of the volleyball equipment.

You stopped, noticing Nishinoya just said something while running over to the supply room. "Hey! Wait, what?" You spoke up, eventually just letting him go do his thing.

A few weeks went by and surprisingly, the exams came back in. It was a decent grade you were thankfully satisfied with.

Heading back to the gym after the school bells had rung once again, you immediately found the libero standing in front of the gym doors, one of his feet placed against one of the doors.

You softly smiled, walking up to him while waving your exam paper against the air.

"Hey Noya, what did you get?" You immediately asked before a brief moment of silence approached between you two. "..On the exam, I mean-" You added on before being cut off by Nishinoya.

"Rather not talk about it." The libero mumbled, placing his foot back down on the ground. He eventually made his way into the gym without another word.

You immediately knew that the results Nishinoya got were definitely not great, due to the way he was acting.

At least he's not devastated. You shrugged, following Nishinoya and later dropping the topic like it never happened.

~*~
We all need a person like Nishinoya.

Have a great day !