I'm Here. | KageHina [Angst]

Part 2 to "My Jealous Setter" !

Sorry it took so long. My brain couldn't think of anything so soon. :')

~*~
Hinata stood beside his own dorm room door, rubbing his chest with more sobs leaving his throat. The small middle blocker heard muffled yelling from the other side of the room.

Hinata crisscrossed his arms, hugging half of his body with a sniffle. He eyed the ground, letting his head drop low as he slowly dragged his feet.

What.. did I do wrong? What did I do? What made him snap like that? Hinata's mind was racing with every single question that was popping into his mind in seconds. He wanted to know. He wanted to speak to Kageyama again.

The small middle blocker glanced over to the right and stopped dragging his feet across the ground. He stared at a nearby corner, slowly approaching it. Hinata's body slowly met the ground again as he slouched over with his knees up to his chest. He wrapped his arms over his legs, continuing the let out soft cries.

He ruffled his fluffy, orange colored hair with his hands, placing his forehead against one of his knees. "Why.. why.." Hinata mumbled underneath his breath, slightly trembling.

"Hinata..?" A soft, yet concerned voice caught the middle blocker's attention as Hinata slowly looked up, finding a confused Sugawara staring right at him. Hinata blinked at the setter, wiping his eyes. "Sugawara-san, um.." Hinata paused, yet Sugawara interrupted.

"What's wrong? Did.. anything happen?" Sugawara immediately questioned, all straightforward as he kneeled down beside the orange haired boy. Hinata couldn't just lie and say he was fine. It hurt to even do that.

"Kageyama." Hinata winced at that name he spoke. He closed his jaw, squeezing his eyes shut. Sugawara's face shifted, more concerned now. He blinked slowly. "...What did he do, Hinata..?" Sugawara asked, his tone changing to a much firmer one. He already suspected the other setter must've did something bad.

"He's snapping at me, all because of a text message from my friend, Kenma-san. I don't understand.. why? Why is he yelling at me? And, he-" Hinata hiccupped his sob, beginning to ramble quickly as Sugawara softly placed his hand on the middle blocker's shoulder. "Slow down, Hinata, it's okay." The setter spoke.

Hinata stopped for a moment, looking over at Sugawara before dipping his head down. "I just.. don't understand." Hinata shook his head side to side. "Maybe try reasoning with him again. It doesn't hurt to try again, right?" Sugawara suggested as Hinata hesitated. It will. It will hurt me. I've been hurt enough.

Hinata grumbled, closing his eyes again. Sugawara took his hand off of his shoulder as Hinata slowly and gently grabbed the setter's lower part of his arm, holding on to it. But, maybe I have a chance. Hinata added on to his thought, giving a small squeeze to his jaw. "Alright. Thanks, Sugawara-san." Hinata softly replied with a smile.

Sugawara smiled back, rising to his feet, as well as helping the middle blocker up. Sugawara opened his mouth, only for his words to get cut off by Hinata's sudden and warm hug. Hinata stuffed his face into Sugawara's stomach area, looking up at him. "You're just like a mother." Hinata paused with a bright smile. "...In a good way, of course."

Sugawara's eyes widened as his smile widened more. He hugged Hinata back quickly, rubbing his orange hair with a soft laugh. "Aww, Hinata.. I can't tell you how much I'm happy right now." Sugawara's voice softened up, eventually letting the small boy go.

Hinata smiled back as a response, eventually approaching the corner. He looked over his shoulder at Sugawara from afar. The gray haired setter gave a thumbs up as Hinata slowly mimicked him before turning the corner.

The tiny middle blocker eventually approached his room. He hovered his loose fist next to the door, hesitant to knock. Hinata looked down, remembering the words Kageyama spat at him, causing a shiver to roll down his spine.

As soon as Hinata took a breath, deciding to eventually knock on his own door, the doorknob turned as Hinata froze, backing away. There, he spotted Kageyama as both of their eyes met. Hinata stood quietly, as well as Kageyama.

Eventually, the setter left Hinata's dorm room completely, walking past the middle blocker. Hinata looked behind his shoulder, turning around. "Kageyama, wait." Hinata spoke up as Kageyama stopped in his tracks.

"Look, I don't know what caused you to snap at me like that but, um.." Hinata's voice wavered, rubbing one of his eyes. "I'm.. sorry." Hinata mumbled, dipping his head down again, looking at the ground as tears formed in his eyes again.

Kageyama's breath hinged at Hinata's apology and words. "I'm sorry for making you so mad. I'm sorry, this is my fault. I should've remembered, and um.. I'm sorry again." Hinata spoke in the middle of some more soft sobs, wiping both of his eyes with one of his arms.

Kageyama looked down before approaching the crying middle blocker. "No." Kageyama paused, as Hinata stopped his sobbing, yet tears still rolled down his face.

"This is all my fault, Hinata. Don't you blame yourself for this. Don't blame yourself for any of this." Kageyama said in a bit of a stern manner, placing his index finger underneath Hinata's chin, lifting his head up.

"Look at me. You did nothing wrong, I-" Kageyama cut off his own words, looking away before taking a sharp inhale. Hinata tried to tilt his head to the side in curiosity and confusion, yet Kageyama held the middle blocker's head stable.

Kageyama let out a small scoff. "I just- I was jealous, Hinata. I thought you had other feelings for your friend. Not for me." Kageyama spat out his truth as Hinata's eyes widened. He didn't have any words to spill at the moment, only lots of questions forming in his mind again.

Why? Why is he jealous? Jealous of who? Me and Kenma-san? Hinata's words got clogged in his throat before he could speak again. "Wh.. Kageyama, why? Why.. didn't you tell me sooner?" Hinata's voice went soft as Kageyama hesitated again.

"I just, I.. don't know. I wasn't focusing on myself at that moment." Kageyama shook his head, watching Hinata approaching him, giving a big hug to Kageyama's body. "It's okay, Kageyama. At least you told me right now." Hinata sniffled as the setter slowly wrapped his arms around Hinata's tiny body.

"It's alright, everything's back to normal, right?" Hinata looked up, his words slightly muffled due to his face halfway stuffed into Kageyama's clothing.

"Yeah." Kageyama blew out a calm exhale of relief, those problems and stress were finally off his shoulders.

"Because, I'm here." Kageyama gave an actual smile, moving some of Hinata's orange hair strands out of his face. Hinata paused, squinting his eyes at the setter. "That's my line!" Hinata gasped.

Sugawara peeked his head around the corner, watching Kageyama and Hinata ramble with each other, still hugging each other in the process. The gray haired setter sighed in relief, letting the two volleyball boys alone.

Thank goodness everything is secured..

~*~
Woo !! Another happy ending, gotta love those.
Gosh, gotta let my hands rest though..

Have an amazing day!