My Jealous Setter | KageHina [Angst]

I re-watched season 1 of Kageyama, and man.. he definitely had character development.

~*~
Hinata flopped on his stomach, on the bed to his dorm room exhaustedly with a overdramatic sigh, turning over to his back. "Today's practice match was tiring, but I still wanna play more!" Hinata pouted.

Kageyama placed down his bag. "At least change your clothes before laying down like that." The setter grunted as Hinata hugged one of his small pillows that was right next to him with another sigh. "Mmm... fine." Hinata responded, rolling off his bed and accidentally falling off with a small thud.

"Ouch..!" The small middle blocker mumbled, rubbing his side before slowly rising to his feet. Kageyama slightly snorted with a small grin. "Dumbass." He whispered, catching Hinata's attention. He squinted at the setter offendedly, though he's called that word almost everyday by Kageyama. "Say that again!" Hinata quickly spoke as Kageyama paused, folding his arms.

Kageyama approached the small orange haired blocker, rubbing his hair back and forth with one of his hands. "My dumbass." Kageyama mumbled, pulling Hinata's body a bit roughly for a hug.

"Oh- wha-hey! You're squeezing my body too tight!" Hinata tried to adjust himself in the setter's arms, so he wouldn't be crushing his bones. Kageyama closed his eyes and lowering his head, not letting go of the middle blocker anytime soon. He was awfully clingy.

"Alright, okay clingy-yama, I love you too." Hinata smiled, as Kageyama finally let go. "I'll be right back." The middle blocker grabbed his other bag filled with clothes that stuck out from the top, opening his door to make his way towards the bathroom.

"Don't take long." Kageyama spoke up as Hinata gave a thumbs up. Kageyama sat on the edge of the blocker's bed, grabbing the pillow Hinata hugged, placing it up to his chest and squeezing the pillow tightly with a smile.

A sudden vibration made the setter jolt a bit, his head immediately turning towards the direction of the noise, finding Hinata's phone. Kageyama didn't really have to look through Hinata's phone to find out who was messaging him. The contact appeared to be the setter of Nekoma, Kenma.

He squinted at the messages, stiffening up as he grabbed Hinata's phone, taking a closer look. He didn't reply, since he didn't know what to say at first glance. Eventually, Hinata opened his door again, finding Kageyama's face into Hinata's phone screen. He paused, running over towards the setter to snatch his phone out of Kageyama's hands.

"Ah- um, sorry about that." Hinata bit his bottom lip nervously, stuffing his phone into one of his pants pockets. Kageyama stared at Hinata, not blinking once. "Who- why do you have Nekoma's setter's number?" Kageyama slightly cracked.

Hinata stiffened up at Kageyama's expression, finding it a bit unsettling. "Oh, um.. Kenma and I are friends. I'm um.. visiting his house in a few days." Hinata's voice slowly became softer each time he spoke a word, his shoulders rose as well.

"What? Don't we have our own night planned in a few days?" Kageyama squinted. The middle blocker found himself clenching his fists in slight fear, slowly backing away, yet he stopped in his tracks. "Yeah, but it's not that day." Hinata paused, clearing his throat. "I.. think." He added on with another mumble.

Kageyama felt something make him slightly shiver, almost instantly as Hinata stopped talking. He felt annoyed at the middle blocker in front of him as he slanted his eyes as a sharp exhale. "You.. think?" Kageyama replied as Hinata stood silent.

"It's exactly on a Wednesday, you should know that!" Kageyama added on, snapping at Hinata, causing him to let out a small squeak of shock, tripping on his own feet a little as he stepped back from the annoyed setter.

"Kageyama, please don't yell at me.." Hinata flinched at his obnoxious snap in his tone. Kageyama rose to his feet, looking away for a moment. He didn't take the thought of Kenma and Hinata meeting up that well, a small piece of jealousy struck him in the heart, only building up from now on.

"I.. don't know what I did wrong." Hinata slightly whimpered as Kageyama quickly approached the middle blocker, almost like an old instinct or a habit, grabbing Hinata by the shirt collar with a tight grasp. "You wanna know what you did wrong?!" The setter scowled in his face as Hinata jolted, shutting his eyes as he yelled in his face.

"I'm sorry! Please let me go!" The small blocker's voice cracked as a sob was coming through between his words and tone. He opened his eyes again at a furious Kageyama, tearing up as he refused for any tears to spill. But, that was impossible.

Hinata had no idea what he did wrong, it wasn't his fault. The jealousy got to Kageyama's head. The setter continued to snap at Hinata until he couldn't hold it back anymore and tears poured from his eyes. His small body was trembling as well as his round eyes showed off fear of the setter.

"Wh.. Kageyama, what's wrong with you? Why are you acting like this? I.. don't know how this is my fault." Hinata sobbed between words as Kageyama was too caught up into his own feelings at that moment, tightening his grip on the blocker's shirt collar even more.

Hinata managed to slip out of Kageyama's grasp, immediately rushing towards the exit of his room, looking at the setter up and down as he wiped both of his eyes with another soft sob before leaving without another word.

Kageyama looked down at the floor with a heavy breath, almost like he was panting. He clenched his fists tightly and squeezed his eyes shut. "Daaaaammit!!" Kageyama yelled, sitting down on the bed with his head down, rubbing his face.

Kageyama's gaze softened as he came back to his senses, calming down. He exhaled, not even making any contact with Hinata's belongings, even though he was still in his room. The setter rethought eventhing from the start, placing his palm on the side of his face.

Did I really go that far? Kageyama squinted down at the floor with a sharp inhale, picturing the fear that struck Hinata in that moment.

He felt horrible, like a bad guy, almost like the king he was.

~*~
Is it concerning that I like writing angst now?

Have a great day!