Chapter 17: Bonding With Mikaela

At Sam's home he was talking with his dog.

Sam: All right, Mojo. I got the car. Now I need the girl. I need money to take out the girl is what I need. Zero bids. Great. Broke. Come on, Mojo. You want your pain pills?

He looks at himself in the mirror.

Sam: No. Premature. Good. What's up? Nothing. You know, just driving my car. Driving my car.

He then goes to his computer.

Sam: It's like clockwork.

He brings out a pill.

Sam: All right, I know you get wasted on these things, but if you piss in my bed again, you're sleeping outside. Okay? That's it for today. No more. Crackhead.

He goes outside and sees Ron doing the yard.

Judy: Ron, this one is uneven.

Ron: Yeah. Probably.

Judy: This one is wobbly.

Ron: Yeah. I'll take care of that real soon.

Judy: Couldn't we have hired a professional?

Sam steps on the grass.

Ron: Sam...

Sam: What?

Ron: I do not like footprints on my grass.

Sam: What foot... There's no footprints.

Ron: That's why I built my path. So why don't you go from my grass onto my path, okay?

Sam: It's family grass, Dad.

Ron: Well, when you own your own grass, you'll understand.

Sam then sees jewelry on the dog.

Sam: This... I can't do it anymore. You're putting girl jewelry on a boy dog. He's got enough self-esteem issues as a Chihuahua, Mom.

Judy: That's his bling.

Sam goes to his car.

Judy: I want you home at 11:00!

Sam: Yeah, all right.

Judy: 11:00! Please, for the love of God, drive safely. Seat belt on!

Sam left the house, and the car emitted a large cloud of smoke.

Judy: Wow. You are so cheap.

Ron: Well, it's his first car. Supposed to be like that.

In Qatar, the middle East multiple soldiers were walking.

John: At this time, we can't confirm whether there were any survivors.

Sarah was watching TV.

Sarah: Oh, my God.

John: Our bases worldwide are, as of now, at DEFCON Delta, our highest readiness level. We're dealing with a very effective weapons system that we have not come across before. But our prayers are with the families of the brave men and women...

Sarah: Honey, Daddy's gonna be okay.

Robert: I've never seen a weapons system like this. The thermal shows this weird aura around the exoskeleton like it's cloaked by some kind of invisible force field.

Patrick: That's impossible. There's no such thing as invisible force fields except in, like, comic book stuff, right?

Robert: Man, I don't know.