Chapter 21: Captured

Sam and Mikaela were being driven away as Simmons talks with Sam.

Simmons: So, uh... LadiesMan two-seventeen. That is your eBay username, right?

Sam: Yeah, but, you know, it was a typo, and I ran with it.

Simmons: Well, what do you make of this?

Sam (Recording): My name is Sam Witwicky, okay? And my, uh, car-

Simmons: Is that you?

Mikaela: Yeah, that sounds like LadiesMan.

Simmons: Last night at the station, you told the officer your car transformed. Enlighten me.

Sam: Well, here's what I said, okay? 'Cause this is a total misunderstanding that my car had been stolen-

Simmons: Tsk. Really?

Sam: From me, from my home, but it's fine now because it's back! It came back!

Mikaela: Well, not by itself.

Sam: Well, no.

Mikaela: Because cars don't do that because that would be crazy.

Mikaela, Simmons and Sam all laugh.

Simmons: That's funny. That is so funny. So, what do you kids know about aliens, huh?

Sam: Oh, you mean, like a Martian? Like what, E. T? Pfft. No.

Mikaela: It's an urban legend.

Sam: Yeah.

Simmons: You see this?

He pulls out his badge.

Simmons: This is my I-can-do-whatever-I-want-and-get-away-with-it badge.

Sam: Right.

Simmons: I'm gonna lock you up forever.

Mikaela: Oh, God. You know what? Don't listen to him. He's just pissy 'cause he's got to get back to guarding the mall.

Simmons: You, in the training bra, do not test me. Especially with your daddy's parole coming up.

Sam: What? Parole?

Mikaela: It's nothing.

Simmons: Oh, grand theft auto, that ain't nothing?

Mikaela: You know those cars my dad used to teach me to fix? Well, they- they weren't always his.

Sam: You stole cars?

Mikaela: Well, we couldn't always afford a babysitter, so sometimes he had to take me along.

Simmons: She's got her own juvie record to prove it! She's a criminal. Criminals are hot! Well, that'd be a real shame if he had to rot in jail the rest of his natural life. It is time to talk!

Suddenly, the car is attacked by an Autobot and they could not see him since he had his headlights on.

S7 Agent: Big! It's big!

The autobot grabs the car and lifts it up.

S7 Agents: Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa!

Simmons: Oh-

S7 Agent: Back up, back up-

Mikaela: Go, go, go, go!

Simmons: I think we're about-

S7 Agent: I can't see it! I can't see it!

Sam: Shift your weight towards the front!

S7 Agent: Oh God!