Chapter 21

It is of course unreasonable to judge the quality of an animation simply by its sales volume.

The Wall of Masterpieces is not only another name for "IS", but also a synonym for all high-selling, meaningless, and brainless meat-selling animations. In addition, it expresses more about the good reputation and evaluation Gao Gao's animation works, but their sales are far less than the helplessness and self-deprecation of this kind of butcher harem animation.

But in any case, "IS" is the first and most representative "Wall of Masterpieces", and its terrifying sales are of course beyond doubt.

As if knowing Mu Su Xing's thoughts, 013 hesitated: [Is the host sure that he really wants to buy the right to adapt the light novel animation of "IS"? 】

The achievement points required for the copyright of "IS" are 3000. According to the 20% discount given by the system mall, the actual payment of achievement points is 2400 points.

Shepherd star: "OK."

For the first time, 013 did not carry out his order immediately. After three seconds of silence, 013 finally spoke: [I don't understand. 】

"Don't understand what?"

[The host can obviously choose to adapt animations with existing sales and high-quality works, such as "EVA", "Magic Girl Madoka Magica", and "Rebellious Lelouch" are all pretty good choices. Why choose "IS" This kind of work is actually useless except for sales? If it's just for raising money, Naruto is the better choice. 】

Shepherd star was a little surprised.

But after thinking about it, he still answered 013's question: "You're right, but it's also not right."

"First of all, "IS" is not really useless." Mu Suxing said: "As a commercial animation whose main selling points are cuteness, meat, and harem, "IS" is actually very well done, and the shape is eye-catching. , female characters of various attributes are available, and the design of mechs and special effects is still pleasing to the eye. There is no shortage of cuteness, burningness, and coolness. From the perspective of consumption, it completely hits and satisfies the psychology of the majority of otaku audiences. "

"For commercial animation, it is not difficult to have several consumer elements. The difficulty is that several elements can accurately hit the point in the audience's heart, and at the same time, they can perfectly integrate several elements."

"This is what IS has done."

013 reminded him: [But it still can't be compared with real animations that have both sales and word-of-mouth. 】

"You consider benefits and word-of-mouth, and I consider the cost, risk and cost-effectiveness of an animation."

"The first is the cost issue. Works such as "Naruto" and "One Piece" are not considered for the time being. First, they require more than 20,000 achievement points. Second, I am not able to control this The ability of a very long animation."

Mu Suxing continued: "The second is the issue of cultural differences. Let alone the copyrights of "EVA" and "Magic Girl Madoka", can I afford it now? The culture of the world I live in is different from these original works. There must be some differences in the culture of the world the manga belongs to.”

"It is impossible for an excellent and widely sought after animation to exist independently of the regional culture and the era it is in." Speaking of this, Mu Suxing shook his head: "The animations you mentioned can be produced in the original plane." Being popular doesn’t mean it can be popular in our world.”

013: [Is there no cultural difference in "IS"? 】

""IS" is special because it is a routine, but it just satisfies the YY psychology of the audience. This kind of psychology is caused by the psychology shared by otaku audiences, and it is universal in any plane," Mu Suxing analyzed. : "More importantly, this kind of routine is exactly what we don't have in this plane."