Chapter 72

When Mu Suxing received a call from Mu Xingxue, he had just come out of the Xingning Theater.

He has been considering the next animation short film project recently.

"Cardcaptor Sakura" has a total of 70 episodes, and it will take a little more than two months to play all of them. Coupled with the market's digestion time for magical girl-themed animations, Huaying officially started the production of "Magic Girl Madoka Magica" "Before, there is bound to be a window period.

Mu Suxing originally planned to take advantage of this window to consider making other medium-length animations, but it was just a suggestion from Mu Xingxue that changed his mind——

"A collection of animated shorts?"

"That's right," Mu Xingxue said, "Recently, the company's official blog has received a lot of private messages from fans, saying that they want a BD or DVD version of your personal animation short collection. Since fans have this demand, I want it or not. Let the "Little Prince" series and your award-winning "The Gift of the Magi" be sold as a collection, what do you think?"

"I don't have any problems here, but is it too little to only have "The Little Prince" and "The Gift of the Magi"?" Shepherd star pondered, thinking about his recent time and plans: "How about Shall I make another animated short?"

Mu Xingxue asked: "Judging from your tone, don't you already have an idea?"

Shepherd Star: "You can say that."

For him, there is not much difference between commercial animation and artistic animation. He likes the process of transforming his favorite stories into vivid images, and also enjoys the feeling of infusing his pure thoughts and feelings into it in the process of making independent animations. Neither one is more noble than the other, both are Just a kind of hobby.

As for the next animated short...

It just so happens that he has opened the "Script Analysis Room" section of the system for a while, so he just took this opportunity to try to independently produce original animation short films, and also to see how far his current abilities in various aspects have reached.

The two had a brief exchange of the company's current situation, and soon the topic of Mu Xingxue turned to "Cardcaptor Sakura", which premiered yesterday.

"Several animation TV stations want to buy out the license fee for playing Magic Card. In addition, the people in charge of Yunsu Video and Yueqi Video are also asking about the right to broadcast online. What do you think about this?"

"Push them all."

Mu Xingxue didn't react for a moment: "Huh?"

"Just tell them that before the first round of "Cardcaptor Sakura" ends, we won't consider selling other licenses." Shepherd Xing said bluntly.

The ratings are number one among animations in the same period. Is this a good result?

For a pure sub-supply animation, this achievement may be enough, but "Cardcaptor Sakura" is not a pure sub-supply animation. Strictly speaking, it is not even a sub-supply animation. The first episode was only aired, not only did the plot of the animation not unfold, but the current viewers are only children who are used to watching the official animation TV station itself, and the ratings are far from saturated.

Selling the broadcast license fee now is a cheap sale.

Although he is not short of money, he is not interested in doing such thankless things.

"Okay, I'll tell them that." Mu Xingxue didn't ask much, and readily agreed on the spot.

"Not for sale?" When the person in charge of Yunsu Video received Mu Xingxue's refusal, he thought that Huaying was short of money, and immediately said neatly: "Then let's add another three million?"