Chapter Seven

ISABELLA

ISABELLA

"I'm his wife; I shouldn't have to 'make an appointment,'" her voice was steadily increasing in volume, capturing everyone's attention at the front of the office.

"I understand that you're his wife, but you can't simply walk into his office whenever you please," I replied, though I wasn't entirely certain if arguing with my boss' wife was the wisest choice, but her behavior did seem unreasonable.

"Mrs. Petrov—" I began to say, but before I could finish my sentence, Mr. Petrov appeared beside his wife, wearing a blank expression as he observed the situation.

Choosing to keep my mouth shut and not press further, I concluded that it would be best for him to take control of the situation, as it was evident that I didn't have it under control.

"My office, now," he instructed with a stern demeanor, speaking quietly to ensure that only the three of us would hear.

I found it hard to believe that he allowed her to act this way, especially in front of all his employees. One would expect his wife to be held to a higher standard considering who she was married to.

She turned back to me, flashing a snarky smirk before proceeding to his office. As he stepped away from my desk to follow her, he offered me a sincere nod.

"Don't let her bother you," I turned to see a woman leaning against the storage compartment of my desk. Her long, blonde hair cascaded gracefully over her shoulders, and the softness of her hair beautifully matched her brown eyes.

A warm smile adorned her lips. "I'm Taylor," she introduced herself, extending her hand across the desk. I promptly accepted the friendly gesture, and as we shook hands, a hint of her perfume filled the air.

"I'm Isabella," I replied with a smile, my gaze returning to Mr. Petrov's office. I couldn't help but wonder about the nature of their conversations, or if they were conversing at all.

What if they were...they couldn't be... Isabella! I shook my head slightly, banishing any inappropriate thoughts involving my boss and his wife from my mind.

"I can give you a tour of the office if you'd like?" Taylor offered. "Mr. Petrov is quite busy," she added, a hint of a blush on her cheeks as she spoke about him.

"Sure," I replied with a smile, rising from my chair and joining her on the other side of the desk.

🂱

Taylor's tour around the office turned out to be quite unexpected. Instead of focusing on the building itself, it seemed to revolve around introducing me to all the male occupants inside.