~Chapter 46~

~Aera pov~

"Aera....you....you are our missing soulmate...you are our missing half moon"

The words echo loudly in my head as I slide my back down the wall. My bedroom is silent and dark while frustrated tears run down my cheaks. I rub my eyes trying to stop the tears from running down but it is no use. The only thing I am thankful for is the fact that I'm able to keep my crying silent from Eun-hye who is probably already fast asleep in her own room.

Hypocrytical behaviour of me I know but it is something I need to sort out first....

After the big bomb Jeongin dropped on me at the party it all felt like a blur after as he told me he would give me time and not pressure me into believing them and asked to hopefully message him if I needed more information after he explained to my puddle of a mind how it worked to use the injection safely and effectively.

When we entered the party again it went by in a crazy spiral of moments and forced smiles before I finally made the excuse to leave earlier to which the guys understood completely. I avoided the concerned eyes of Eun-hye and the narrowed eyes on the guys before we greeted the other people we met there and left to come home.

She didn't bring up the topic and she only pulled me into a hug and whispered she is here for me before we just went on like we usually do. Nothing felt clearer even when we entered our home and not even when time passed until we both said goodnight with extra long hugs.

The second I stepped into my dark room was the moment the silence drained the storm in my mind out as it flooded out in tears leaving me here against the wall.

Alone and questioning if the world is honestly 'actually' just playing with me and Eun-hye

I refuse to tell her any of this before I either confirm or deny this. There is no use in mentioning something so sensitive after every single tear she cried out because of soulmates and the stupid soulgroup that hurt her.

I need atleast one of us safe from having false hope of this being true or atleast one of us safe from the realisation that we were treated differently for no reason at all and we were just unlucky enough to end up as the missing part of a soulbond.

And if it is true then....

"Then...why us....why-" I fist my hands feeling anger grow past the fear and sadness knowing that if this if true then the past just feels so much more terrible. The past I learned to accept as part of me and made myself stronger to stand against it not wanting to be weak against all the pushing against me.

My parents who treated me differently the day as soon as I found out I had no soulmark and who I cut out of my life just had no reason for the small side comments that hurt me years ago. The year after my birthday and before I met Eun-hye that felt so lonely surrounded by people who were friends but who I knew would leave the second I reveal my status just like my parents dropped me the moment they found out not even caring if I left without money to live when I walked out the door.

Eun-hye has no idea how much she helped me just like I helped her and how I tried my best to take her under my wing wanting to be with her knowing she had a different pain even though our pain was caused by the same thing.

I was never in love and was excited for a future with a soulmate perhaps but when the day came I found out I had none I knew I needed to accept it no matter how hard it was but it was even harder not having any support or anyone hugging me telling me it isn't a curse or because of me and just support me, no I didn't have that but I surely made sure people understood that I was not to be messed with just because they got lucky enough to get a soulmark, I was still me and that was good enough seeing how fake some people were.