(1) golden.

(1) golden.

MAGGIE LUPIN WAS born golden, that's what she'd always been told -- quite literally, she was born golden

MAGGIE LUPIN WAS born golden, that's what she'd always been told -- quite literally, she was born golden. It is an amusing story, but a bit heavy for first meet talk, so, she'll spare you the details until she's actually two chapters into the story of her life. Maggie Lupin was water, that's what she'd always said, no eyes watched her with hatred, no mouth uttered a word against her, no hand cast an offensive spell towards her, that's just how it had always been, don't get her wrong -- it's hard being liked, it doesn't just come naturally, you know, she worked for it, she worked to be seen for who she was -- she worked to stay golden. Maggie's mother was always worried about her, she'd tell her, people liking you is useless, Maggie, better a few people love you than everyone like you. Maggie didn't understand why she couldn't have both.

Anyway, Maggie's pretty happy with life, save for the two weeks of pure depression she'd had to push through before she decided there was nothing more to the thing she'd been upset about than the fact that it had happened in the past, besides, there were more tragic ways to live. She could've actually had what she cried over, but then she would've turned out to be miserable, so she decided to be grateful instead.

The Lupin Household was warm, the outside as inviting as the people inside, Maggie liked to think it was all because of her mother -- Hope Lupin was one of those warm lights that always kept shining, were it not for her, everyone in the house would lose their way without knowing about the warm light that awaited their embrace at the end of every hardship ever. Maggie brushed out her hair, her pretty pink hairbrush bedazzled with all kinds of rhinestones she could find, she'd done it when she was tweleve alright, don't judge her, besides, most of the star gems were falling off it anyway -- it's a shame, the stars were always her favourite.

"Maggie, darling! The breakfast's ready!" Hope called out from down the stairs, Maggie calls back to her, she said she'd be down there in a minute, she'd lied, of course. She still hadn't picked her outfit out for today.

Ugh, this was agonizing, not because she didn't like planning her outfits, but because she'd had to look specially put-together for her job, it had been a nightmare the whole summer. She had cute clothes, but it was just so stressful, she worked at this really expensive clothing store in Diagon Alley called Madame Mabel's. The shop specialised in making dress gowns of acromantula silk, and it's wonderful there, truly, Maggie loved it but it also made her hyper-aware of everything she did, naturally, she wanted to look her best there every day.