(19) the order.

(19) the order.

"ARE YOU ready?" Maggie said, she leaned on the doorframe, they hadn't talked much after last night

"ARE YOU ready?" Maggie said, she leaned on the doorframe, they hadn't talked much after last night. The breakfast had been awkward, she would fake smiles at him, and hold his hand every once in a while. She didn't know what his problem was, and he wouldn't talk to her either -- he wouldn't tell her what she did wrong. It was true, she hadn't told him what bothered her last night either, but she got over her problem. Why couldn't he? She hated animosity. They'd made such progress the past few weeks, now, it was all gone to shit because the both of them were petty cunts.

Regulus didn't say anything, he simply looked at her through the mirror he stood in front of, he ran a hand through his hair -- his curls landed perfectly, even though the motion of his hand had been anything but precise. Regulus turned around, "What do you think?"

"I think so," Maggie said, she felt out of her element today -- for one, she was wearing the worst, most boring outfit she'd ever put on her body. Her usual dresses with funky patterns, and sweaters with big buttons, and prints were swapped out for a plain cream sweater with a white collar shirt underneath. She was wearing plain, straight-fit blue jeans for bottoms, not even flares! She felt like a kid without her favourite toys, but if she was going to be inadequate, she wasn't going to show it. She needed to be taken seriously, "Hey," she offered weakly, her voice cracked, "We match."

Regulus was dressed the opposite of her -- he was wearing a black sweater instead. He raised his eyebrows up at her and she rolled her eyes, "You're in high spirits."

"Well, I'm handing over the reins to my life over to a bunch of old people today," Maggie said to him, she sat down on his bed and then looked at him, "So, no talking to Moody, make a beeline to Dumbledore, or Professor McGonagall, and explain everything. I'll be there with you."

"Should we talk about the rules again?"

"I thought there weren't any rules..."

"There aren't," Regulus said, he looked at her from where she was sprawled on his bed like a woman in a painting, without a care in the world. Her hand under her head as she used her elbow to prop her up, "But I meant, you can't float around me. We have to touch, that's what couples do."