(20) secret keeper.

(20) secret keeper.

MAGGIE LICKED the top of the envelope, and pressed it shut

MAGGIE LICKED the top of the envelope, and pressed it shut. She was just hit with the sheer amount of letters she would have to respond to, mostly to Gid, Fab, and Meera. The letters had piled up and she had barely noticed, more occupied with her new life in hand. There were some other letters too, mostly from the Salazars. She hadn't even bothered opening those, and when Regulus' mother sent both Sirius and Regulus a matching pair of letters, Maggie could not offer the sage advice -- just open it -- without having felt like a complete hypocrite. Regulus and Maggie were in the same room -- the room being Jackie's, and they sat on the complete opposite ends of it. Regulus had gone back to being the ice queen after they'd come home from the Order meeting, apparently his sympathy and concern only lasted as long their appearances in public did.

Jackie walked into the room, a bag of crisps in hand, "Just got a letter from Pandora, she's so sweet. I am going to marry that girl."

"For her sake, I hope that doesn't happen," Regulus spoke up, his journal in hand and the letter he'd received from his mother stuffed between the pages, unopened. Sirius had opened his already, of course he had, brave, courageous, and unaffected Sirius had opened the letter and laughed at it. All Regulus had done so far was dread, he hadn't even thought of what the letter could entail, but couldn't he guess? Hadn't he learnt every corner and crevice of their mind to fool them into thinking Regulus was the son he was? Knowing his mother, she probably sent some half-threat-half-plead to try and get him back home, "Did she mention anything about Evan?"

"Ew, freak, why do you want to know what my girlfriend wrote to me?" Jackie said to him, an annoyed look on her face but when Maggie gave her a look she turned around and said to Regulus, "Yeah, she did say he came home last night with a bunch of bruises."

"It's just one more day, and then I can fix it," Maggie said, she sat all of the envelopes down on the corner so she could just hand it to them in person tomorrow, there wasn't much point in it, but she just hated not having returned letters, "I will fix it."

"Maggie, you can't possibly fix it," Jackie said and when Maggie opened her mouth to argue, she pointed her finger at the other girl, "No, no, shut up, I just know already you're going to make up plans in your hear to 'fix it' and then when things don't go your way, you're going to kill yourself about it."