(13) notBoyfriend-Girlfriend

MAGGIE LUPIN was all nerves and shaking bones, her hands were cold and a little numb -- how the hell was she even supposed to go about it, she'd never even had a real crush to base her behaviour over, much less a boyfriend

MAGGIE LUPIN was all nerves and shaking bones, her hands were cold and a little numb -- how the hell was she even supposed to go about it, she'd never even had a real crush to base her behaviour over, much less a boyfriend. She thought about Lily, her red hair and her sparkling green eyes, when she thought of Lily -- she could trust her completely, she knew Lily. There was so much affection in Maggie's heart for her. Regulus was uncharted territory, it wasn't that she didn't trust him, it would be unbelievably unkind to make him leave his life behind only to treat him like someone she didn't trust, but Maggie didn't know him. There was a different kind of trust she needed to feel romantically about someone.

"Margaret, if you stress about this any more then you are going to break out into hives." Regulus said to her, both of them were sitting in his room -- it still felt like a foreign concept to him. His room... at The Potter's. It just felt so sudden, Maggie came to him and asked him and then she kept asking him and he'd just agreed. Something came over him and he said yes. Would it have been this easy if anyone else had asked? Had he been waiting for someone to come pull him out of the waters this entire time? It was just that no one had ever bothered?

"But Regulus," Maggie pouted, she gave him an exasperated look -- she looked at him and then between the awkward amount of space on the bed where they both sat on the opposite ends, "Do you see this?" she motioned, moving her hand back and forth in the air to show him the empty space, "How the hell is anyone going to believe that we're dating?"

"We'll convince them, and it's like you said -- we're both not such bad company that we find each other repulsive. I like you, Margaret," Regulus said to her, "Just... act like you usually do, and everything else will fall into place on its own."

"You like me?" Maggie wiggled her eyebrows at him, incredibly unserious like always. Regulus wanted to giggle sometimes at how she'd always start joking around out of nowhere, "I'm serious, you like me?"

"Margaret, if I didn't like you I wouldn't have left home," Regulus said, and he could visibly see Maggie get more relaxed, she pushed herself to sit a little closer to him, "But you're right, we do need to prepare."