33: Spencer Reid

"Well, somebody gets their calendars out because Skylar Rowan just asked for my help," Luca said, leaning against his car with his infamous smirk on full display.

His navy jersey fit perfectly, accentuating every muscle of his body and allowing for his tattoo sleeve to be put on showcase. He paired it with his typical khaki pants and dress shoes that he wears every day, but for some reason, he looked extra good. The crazy part is that the number on his jersey matched the same one on my white jersey. I was wearing the white alternate jersey with my navy school skirt, and even though we were wearing the same thing just the boy-girl version, he looked significantly better. However, I would never admit it, especially since he already knows it.

"Shut the hell up, Reid. This is why nobody likes you" I said with a snarky attitude but with a smile on my face so he knew I was only kidding. I didn't want to piss off my only ride to school.

Luca let out a small chuckle before opening the door for me and reaching out to take my backpack. I gave him a smile of appreciation, and tried to come up with something sarcastic like "chivalry isn't dead' but I was honestly too flustered with him being so close to me.

"You know Rowan, there are plenty of girls who like me just fine, all you have to do is ask around"

"that's gross," I said, as a shiver ran down my back.

Luca's smirk slightly decreased, but once he walked around the car and got in the driver's seat his smirk was fully back.

"jealous?"

"How does me saying hooking up with you sound gross makes me sound like I am jealous?" I questioned raising my brown.

"You're just in denial Rowan, I know you want me. You wouldn't be wearing my last name right now if you didn't"

I was at a loss of words to this statement. Mainly because most girls would never be wearing a guy's jersey if they were not more than friends, and Luca and I are nothing more. At the end of the day, the only reason I am wearing this jersey right now is because Luca helped me get out of the whole Mason situation. Knowing that if Luca hadn't been walking down that hall at that very second, I could easily have been another girl wrapped up in the toxic web that is Mason Everest.

"Cat got your tongue, Rowan. Can that big brain of yours not come up with something to say?"

"No" I scoffed "I'm just trying to figure out how to break it to you that I am honored to be wearing Marlee's last name. Or the love of my life Spencer Reid"

Luca quickly snapped his head around to look at me. I couldn't see his eyes since he put his sunglasses on, but if I knew Luca even a little bit, I knew confusion was swirling in his eyes. I also knew that the probability of Luca having seen Criminal Minds is very slim.

"Who the fuck is Spencer?" he said, slight anger lacing his words.

"Jealous?"

"Luca Reid doesn't get jealous." he scoffed "But I have never heard of this Spencer kid."

I bit my lip, slightly smirking knowing that I could have some fun with this.

"He is the smartest and most attractive person I have ever met. He is very tall and fit and has this unruly brown curly hair that is always out of place, but that adds to his character" I explained, emphasizing the word character. "He is a little socially awkward, but I think that makes him cute"

I glanced over a Luca and saw his hands tightly gripping the steering wheel, and his jaw locked. I'm not entirely sure why that makes him so upset, but it's fun.

"Too bad he is fictional" I sighed

"What?!" Luca snapped, having moved his sunglasses on the top of his head. His dark blue eyes were wide, and just like I thought I could see the confusion swirling like a storm in the dark ocean.

At his reaction, I quickly started laughing and was clutching my stomach, not because the joke was that funny, but because it's hard to get a reaction out of Luca and I just successfully got a pretty big one.

"He is from the show Criminal Minds...and he is my husband"

Luca rolled his eyes but his mischievous grin had already come back to his devil face.

"You're crazy Rowan"

"You love it," I said grinning and sticking my tongue out like a toddler.

He just let out a laugh but I could tell that he was smiling, a real smile, not that smirk that he does.

***

Luca and I continued to banter on our way to school, but as he pulled into the parking lot, I was quickly brought back into reality and remembered that I was about to be walking into this school with the name Reid clear as day on my back and would eventually have to listen to Margaret and her parrot Anastasia's remarks.

I think Luca could tell that I was becoming uneasy and placed his large tan hand on my thigh to keep me from jittering, something I hadn't even realized that I had been doing. I tried to put on a brave face that he wouldn't be able to see through, but somehow he could also tell how I was feeling.

"Skylar," he said, I turned to him and knew it was serious since he used my first name and not my last. "If anyone gives you a hard time, and I mean anyone, boy, girl, nerd, or athlete, you tell or text me immediately and I'll take care of it.

"I can fight my own battles, Reid," I said, knowing good and well that I would never tell him. Mainly because I knew he would do something but also because it would be embarrassing for someone else to come in and "save me".

"Skylar I am serious. You don't deserve to be treated like shit, and I would feel like hell if I knew that I was making it worse. I know you can stand up for yourself, hell you've stood up to me, but at least tell me. They won't only be disrespecting you, but also disrespecting my family name, and when you put that jersey on, you're family, blood or not. I know Marlee feels the same way. She loves you like a sister. Just tell me. Please."

I was shocked at every word that came out of Luca's mouth. I had never heard him speak so passionately about something other than football. I was also shocked, but also really touched that he thought of me as family.

"Okay," I said softly, only agreeing because I knew how much this meant to Luca.

"Promise me, Skylar. I'm not unlocking this car until you do."

I nodded my head understanding. "I promise I will tell you, Luca"

"Thank you"

And with that, we both had the car and I have never felt so many eyes on me.

Surprise!!! Honestly I am just procrastinating studying for an exam, but oh well. There is not really much to say except the Luca and Skylar relationship is growing stronger!!! I just love these two much. What is the ship name for these two? 

I hope you enjoyed readying!!

xoxo tay_maddi