16: Camoed Up

A.N
Left: Skylar's outfit ( not shoes or bag)
Right: Marlee's outfit ( no glasses)

"Skylar! Come on, Bai and I are going up to my room. We've got to get you camoed up!" Marlee squealed grabbing my hand and pulling me up the steps.

As I ran up the steps I could hear Luca laughing at us. I might now know him well but he's not dumb. He can tell that school spirit isn't my forte.

Marlee opened her white doubled door revealing her totally awesome room. The stark white walls and the wall of windows that overlooked the bay made the room feel so open. Her bed had an emerald comforter with a pink throw.

" I see you like technology," I asked walking over to the corner where she had multiple computer screens and keyboards. It looked like something the FBI used.

" No kidding" Bailey mumbled flopping down in a pink chair by the bed.

Marlee laughed before walking over to her desk, lightly dragging her hands over the keyboards. I could tell in her eyes she was in love with these computers.

" Yeah, I do," she said softly with a small smile.

" Ok let's get you two ready!" Bailey cheered walking into Marlee's bathroom.

We both laughed before following her in. Marlee has said that Bailey wanted to be a cosmologist and was going to do our hair and makeup. Bailey already had her navy dance uniform on with a gold panther paw on the front. Her blonde hair was pulled into a tight ponytail and she had very natural makeup on except her gold eyelids.

Bailey worked on my hair while Marlee laid out our outfits. I had no idea what she was about to throw on me but I had to trust her. Hopefully, it won't be too inappropriate, I don't know how Marlee nor Bailey dress, I've only ever seen them in uniform.

Bailey had loosely curled my hair then pulled it into a ponytail, with a few strands framing my face. She did a natural look with a mocha-colored eyeshadow with a natural color glitter coat on top. I had some clear lipgloss on just to give me some shine. She had a true gift with a makeup brush.

Marlee straightened her brown hair and had makeup that mirrored mine. Marlee and Bailey are both so pretty they don't have to wear makeup, unlike me who looks sleep deprived if I don't.

" Alrighty, let's get dressed!" Bailey cheered walking into Marlee's closet.

I had never seen Bailey talk this much. She's always so reserved and quiet at school but she just radiates positive energy here. It's amazing how someone can have a completely different personality depending on the environment.

There were two outfits laying on her marble island. For a girl who had to wear the same thing every day to school, she had tons of clothes. She had multiple sections with party clothes, formal dresses, nice dresses, casual dresses, t-shirts, sweaters, bottoms, and jumpsuits. The island stored all of her shoes.

"Your closet is huge Marlee" I exclaimed "Mine is just a rack and a set of chest of drawers"

Marlee laughed and shook her head. " Just because I'm a computer geek doesn't mean I don't love shopping. I'm still a girl" she said playfully shoving me with her shoulder.

"I didn't mean it like that" I mumbled with a smile on my face.

" Ok so this is what I pulled out for you," Marlee said getting serious.

She held up a black turtle neck sweater and a camo print skirt. She pulled out some black platform sandals and threw them at me.

"Get dressed hot stuff" she smirked. I walked back into the bathroom to put the clothes on. I actually looked really pretty. The outfit was totally different than my Jefferson clothes but everything at my new school was different.

I met Bailey, Marlee, and Luca back downstairs in the kitchen. Marlee had a white crop sweater paired a leather camo skirt and white sneakers.

"Hey Sky, we were just discussing our dinner plans." Bailey said when she realized I was downstairs.

I nodded my head a met eye contact with Luca.

Was he staring at me?

" What were you thinking?"

"I'm just going to get pizza with guys after," Luca said still staring at me. He didn't have a smirk on his lips like usual, it was almost like I made him speechless. My cheeks reddened at the thought of Luca finding me attractive.

"Is Thomas going?" Bailey asked perking up. I could tell in her eyes and just the thought of him made her glow. That made me smile.

"Probably" Luca shrugged
"Blake will too."

Bailey snarled. I guess Blake didn't like the idea of his little sister dating Thomas. I can't stand the guy myself but he seems to treat her well.

" Do you want to wait and eat with them?" I asked Bailey

I really hoped she said no. My stomach was begging for food and I really didn't want to have to wait until after the game to eat. I figured I could grab something from the concession stands but they usually mark up their food and I'm broke. I need to get my money's worth of food.

" Umm"

That means yes. Any girl knows that means yes, even if the word no comes out of her mouth.

"How about this?" Marlee said clapping her hands getting all of our attention " We go and get something light, like a sandwich, and meet up with the boys later"

Marlee raised her eyebrows at us and Luca mumbled a whatever.

What's his problem?

I didn't want to tell Marlee that I could probably eat something heavy and still be able to eat after the game.

I should really start eating healthier.

" Sounds good" Bailey and I said in unison. We met eye contact with each other a let out a little giggle. Luca just shook his hand mumbling that he had to go.

I watched him throw his navy backpack over his shoulders as he quickly ran out of the kitchen. He had seemed tense ever since I got down stairs but I brushed it off as per game jitters.

After a few minutes of gossiping, I followed the girls and got in the back seat of Bailey's BMW SUV.

Everyone here has a nice car.

" Firehouse good with you two?" Marlee asked

Bailey and I nodded our heads and we took of my first football game at MBPA.

A.N

I know nothing really happened in this chapter but I really wanted something to show Skylars, Bailey's, and Marlee's friendship.