19: yes mommy

" Look who decided to show up! If it's not the QB himself"

My attention turned towards the door and watched Luca come in rolling his eyes. He had changed into light grey sweatpants and a tight navy shirt with the official MBPA logo in the corner. His brown hair was black and still slightly dripping from what I hoped was from the shower and not his sweat.

" Some of us like to practice hygiene, Thomas. " Luca smirked

"Those locker room showers are disgusting" Blake added which Luca smiled at since his point was being proven.

We were all sitting at a large table in the middle of the restaurant. I was sitting to the right of Cleo and the left of Marlee and Bailey. Thomas was sitting across from and Bailey which those two were making heart eyes at each other all night.  Blake drew the short end of the stick and is having to sit by Thomas.

Thomas sneered at Luca as we all laughed. Marlee had explained that Luca refused to take a shower in the locker room like the other guys. He had to go back home and get his shower so that's why he was always late.

Luca pulled out the last empty chair, which happened to be in front of me a took a seat.

"Rowan?"

"Hmm" I mumbled keeping my attention to the menu.

" Why is she here?" He asked motioning towards Cleo. She lifted her head up from her own menu and gave him a sneer and a glare mumbling 'ass'.

" Because she is my friend. Is that a problem?" I asked tilting my head acting like I had no idea of their dislike of each other.

"No, I'm just surprised. I figured she was one of those girls who tried to be quirky and not act like an actual teenager" he shrugged

" You're an asshole" Cleo snapped. She picked up her menu and tried to reach over and slap him but I grabbed her arm before she could.

"Behave. Both of you" I scolded, more at Cleo than Luca, but they both act like five-year-old while they are around each other.

"He started it" Cleo grumbled

"Yes, Mommy" Luca said in a baby voice that earned him a glare from me.

"Ok, so let's change the subject shall we?" Marlee asked eyeing the three of us. We nodded our heads while Luca let out a chuckle.

"So man, what was up with you today? You seemed tense tonight" Blake asked Luca

" What? No, I wasn't" Luca said with a confused look but it didn't seem genuine to me. "Speaking of the game. Skylar, how was it"

" She's a football fanatic. It's was nice having a girl who knows what is going on" Marlee interrupted throwing her arm around my shoulder. I gave her a smile and look towards Luca.

"Your defense is awful, truly"

All three boys groaned when I said that and I raised my eyebrow in confusion. None of them were on defense, were they?

" When a chick who has never played an actual game of football notices it, it's a problem" Thomas said in frustration

"Anyone with a brain can see it" Luca added shaking his head.

I chuckled at their reactions, it was clear that all three of them think the defense needs some work.

"But you three were not bad" I said " especially you Thomas, that was a great catch"

I took a sip of my Sprite internally laughing at Luca's offended expression.

"Um, an amazing throw actually." He glared at me

"It was mediocre at best. What is impressive is when a player can catch a bad throw, not a good one" I shrugged

Marlee, Blake, and Thomas started laughing and Luca shot them a glare. Cleo was in her own world and Bailey didn't know what we were talking about since her back was turned to the game.

"You don't know what you are talking about Skylar" he grumbled

"Hmm" I hummed taking another sip of my drink.

Luca rolled his eyes while I smirked. I was so grateful the boy can't figure out when I'm messing with him, it's nice to see his ego being turned down a few notches.

The boys continued to talk about the game and apparently, there was a party going on tonight.
Thomas was shocked that Luca didn't want to go with him and they argued for about five minutes before Thomas finally shut up.

They continued to make conversation but stopped when us girls all cheered in happiness when our food finally arrived at our table. Thomas, Bailey, and Blake were splitting a large pepperoni. Marlee was being weird and was eating a salad. I had settled on a cheese cow zone, Luca a meat cow zone, and Cleo a medium pineapple and ham pizza that looked gross.

"Clementine, that's disgusting" Luca snarled eyeing her plate.

"Shut up Reid. This is the only way to correctly eat a pizza. Right, Skylar?" she asked, eyeing me.

"Ummm" I mumbled, trying not to show my own disgust. I liked Pineapple, I liked pizza but they didn't go together.

She gasped at me while Luca laughed probably enjoying his little win.

"It's just not my thing." I answered warily.

Cleo shook her head and turned to the others trying to get their opinion.

" Nope"

"Ew"

" Not my thing"

" I kinda like it"

We all stared at Bailey in shock while Cleo started cheering. That girl was crazy.

" Betrayal" Blake sneered at his sister

We all laughed and turned to our own food, devouring into it like we hadn't eaten in days. My food was still hot but at this point, I don't care. My stomach has been rumbling all night, and I could not wait for another second to eat my food. It was clear that I was not the only one who felt that way. Luca has pizza sauce all over his face and the other two boys are right there with him. No one was saying anything, we just ate our food quickly and quietly. 

" I'm stuffed" Thomas said, leaning back in his chair rubbing his stomach like an old man.

" Me too," I mumbled

I started feeling drowsy about halfway through my meal. I guess the high from the football game had worn off.

"You look tired Skylar" Luca said with a smirk on his face.

I didn't want to admit he was right, but he was right. I didn't want to be the girl who can't stay up past midnight.

" You are so boring you put me to sleep Reid" I mumbled trying to stifle a yawn.

He rolled his eyes but stood up. I watched as he slowly reached his hand out in front of me. I raised my eyebrows at him, confused by his gesture.

"What?"

"Come on. I'll take you home."

I tilted my head like a confused dog.

"But-"

"Bailey is probably hoping to hook up with Griffin right after I leave. She won't because she is a good friend and will take you home. But Griffin is horny and would really like it if you accept my offer. Blake will leave in disgust and take Marlee home." Luca explained

I turned and looked at the others, Bailey's red face, Thomas's annoyed eyes, and Blake's glare at both of them confirmed what Luca had said.

" Ok." I mumbled, standing up and ignoring Luca's hand. I didn't really want him to take me home but I was tired and Bailey and Thomas were a cute couple.  Therefore, I took the offer.

Luca and I said goodbye and I followed him into his Range Rover.

A.N

I can't belive that Newbie has 1,000 reads! I am beyond grateful and I hope you all continue to read my story.