20: My Elizabeth Bennett

" Take a left at the stop sign." I instructed Luca.

"Ok" he mumbled

Luca and I had sat in silence the whole drive. It's wasn't awkward it was actually quite comfortable. There aren't many people you can sit beside, not say a word, and be content.

It was 11:30 at night and no cars were on the road. It's started sprinkling a little but stopped shortly thereafter. I could tell that it is about to storm. Dark grey clouds started forming in the distance and I could hear low rumbles of thunder in the distance. I mentally started counting to see how far away it was.

I pointed towards my driveway way and Luca slowly pulled in. It looked kinda silly with a range rover parked next to dad's old Ford truck and mom's Camry.

" Thank you for driving me home Luca"

I reached to grab the door handle but it wouldn't open. I looked back at Luca with a quizzical look, waiting for him to unlock it.

"Skylar"

"Yeah?"

I watched as Luca gripped the steering wheel, clenching and unclenching his hand. He turned and looked at me with a small smile, not a smirk but a smile.

He opened his mouth like he was about to say something but closed it in a few seconds. I could see conflict going on in his eyes.

"Sleep well"

I was kinda taken back. I thought he was about to say something way bigger than sleep well.

Weird

"You too," I said quietly giving him a sheepish smile.

He nodded his head and pressed the button unlocking my door.

I started to get out when I remembered the look on his face when I teased him tonight.

"Luca" I whispered

"Hmm"

"You know I'm teasing you about how you play, right? You truly have an amazing arm, that was a heck of a throw tonight" I told him as sincerely as I could.

I saw him form a smile on his lips and gave me a nod.

"I know Rowan. You're too smart of a person to look at me, and think that I'm a water boy" he grinned.

I rolled my eyes at his ego and hopped out of the car. Just as I was starting to be nice, his typical self shows up.

" Bye Reid" I yelled as I walked to my front door.

***
Luca's POV

Sleep Well?

Is that all I could come up with?

I was still sitting in the middle of Skylar's driveway. I watched her walk in, give a little wave, and then close the door.

I didn't know why but the girl had me mesmerized. She was like my Elizabeth Bennett. I was some guy, coming from a high place in society, but yet this simple, smart, beautiful girl had captured my attention.

The ringing of my phone brought me out of my Skylar trance. I looked at the screen in my car and saw it was Skylar herself.

Speak of the Devil or think rather

She was probably wondering why I was still parked in her driveway even though she went inside twenty minutes ago.

"Yeah" I answered

"What are you doing? Don't tell me your afraid to drive in the rain Reid. It's just sprinkling, it's perfectly safe to drive, besides you're a big boy"