8: Due to you

" She's going to be okay"

"She better be. This is all your fault"

My head throbbed at the yelling. It felt like I had the worse headache in the world and the sound of a pen dropping caused pain.

I tried to slowly open my eyes, but I quickly closed them at the bright light.

I continued to act like I was asleep as I tried to remember what happened. My throbbing ankle quickly reminded me of my clumsy self falling.

" Michael, the poor boy feels terrible"

The loud voice of a woman made me grimace in pain. I wanted to sit up and tell the voices to shut up, but the anxiety of looking into the light shut down those thoughts.

" Well, I assure you, Jade, that Skylar feels worse"

The man's voice brought a sense of comfort and annoyance.

Why can't they shut up?

I couldn't hear the woman's reply but I agreed with the man. I didn't know who I was being compared to but I felt like crap.

The voices continued to argue for a few minutes, but immediately stopped when I sat up, having enough of the pain from their bickering.

I surveyed the room and saw my mom sitting in a white leather chair, my father standing directly in front of a boy I had never seen before.

" Sky, you are awake" my mom cried, rushing over to my side.

Her eyes were lined in red, with dried tears on her cheek. I felt guilty for putting my mom through the stress of worrying about me.

" Do you need anything? A pillow, a blanket? Are you hungry?" She rambled

I chuckled at her nervousness.

" I'm fine mom" I answered through my raspy voice " Can I have some water?"

She quickly nodded her head and shooed my dad away to get me my drink.

I heard someone clear their throat and glanced over at the sound.

There stood, in the corner of the small room, the most attractive guy I had ever seen. He was tall, tan, and muscular that made me immediately think he was an athlete. His dark brown hair reminded me of my favorite candy, dark chocolate, and he had dark blue eyes that were almost black mirroring ocean water at night.

He was wearing a white collared shirt with navy slacks; his navy jacket was hanging on the chair my mom was previously sitting in.

He must be from school.

I raised my eyebrow at the guy wondering why he was standing in my hospital room.

My mom must have noticed my confused look when she called him over with her hand.

"Skylar, this is Luca Reid"

That name didn't mean anything to me and didn't answer my unspoken question of why was he here.

"I'm going to go help your father get that water"

She was leaving me? With a stranger?

I tried to beg silently with my eyes for her not to leave but she left the room not even holding eye contact with me for three seconds.

When she left the room I turned my attention back to Luca.

"Who are you?" I asked

He walked over and sat in the chair so we were closer to equal height.