10: I am doing it for Skylar, not you

^Luca's home

Luca's POV( a few hours earlier)

"I still can't believe it, Luca"

Shrugging my shoulders I bit into my chocolate chip pancakes.

My lovely little sister was currently reprimanding me for knocking the new girl down. She had been making comments all last night about how big of a jerk I was. Apparently, I didn't apologize correctly since I didn't bring her flowers and jewelry.

" It's not like she was exceptionally nice" I mumbled, stabbing my fluffy pancake.

She called me a waterboy.

" She has every right to be rude to you." She exclaimed, setting her own fork down very loudly "The poor girl was in a hospital because of you and your friends were running away from a God knows what"

I scoffed at her words. I couldn't believe my own blood was taking sides with a girl she didn't even know.

" Maybe she should have moved out of the way" I threw my arms up in the air, trying to get my point across.

" That's doesn't matter. You put the girl in the hospital on her first day, argued with her father, and then couldn't even apologize because she bruised your ego." she sneered.

I opened my mouth about to respond but my mom came walking through our huge kitchen.

"Marlee, I will take it from here. Go get ready for school" my mother said in a sharp tone, leaving no room for argument. She could have been a lawyer.

" Yes ma'am" she replied softly, taking her plate of food with her.

"Luca, your sister has a point"

My eyes widened at her words. She was taking my sister's side too?

"I can't believe you"

"What can't you believe? That you are a selfish jerk, that you can't even own up to knocking a girl down?" She yelled placing both hands in front of her, resting them on the countertop.

"Mom-"

"Don't mom me mister" her eyes narrowing "you have gotten out of so much trouble without any consequences. It's about to change. Your foolish pranks are one thing, but breaking a girls ankle and giving her a concussion, with no apology I might add, is a whole another level"

I leaned back into my seat crossing my arms.

"Uncross your arms, NOW" my mom scolded.

I slowly did as I was told, not wanting another lecture from my mom.

"You will apologize, help her this entire time, whether it's carrying her books or tying her shoes, I don't care, you will do it."

"Yes ma'am"

"Now go" she huffed

I stood up and walked up the grand marble staircase. It was kinda extravagant for me but my mom loved it. She didn't have much growing so after years of medical school when she finally became a cardiovascular surgeon she was determined to have a home that looked like something a princess had. She then married dad and they were able to afford it with our family business.