9: I got it

I sighed in content, putting the last strap of my boot in place. The doctor had said that I needed to wear my boot for six weeks and I am already tired of it. My concussion was mild but my head felt like I had a headache.

I hobbled over to my closet putting my white converse on my left foot.

"You look like you are about to walk down the red carpet" my dad said, walking into my room.

"More like the white tiles of MBPA"

I had to admit that I looked pretty weird. My one converse, my bulky walking boot, and my uniform didn't really scream put together private school girl. Not that I was one.

"So I never asked. How was your first day of school besides-"

"ending up in the hospital?" I asked

He chuckled, nodding his head.

"Yeah, that part"

I shrugged my shoulders "It was fine. I befriended a girl named Cleo"

I hadn't told my parents about meeting her because I knew that they would make a big deal out of it. The only friend I had at Jefferson was Allison and we were not that close but that didn't stop them. My freshman year we both were waiting for our rides and we were making polite small talk. When mom drove up and saw the two of us laughing she hopped out of the car and hugged Allison so tight she became purple. Ever since then Dad always dropped and picked me up from school.

"Oh" my dad said stepping back "That is great. How did you two meet"

I stood up going to get my bag off the floor, before giving at him with an 'are you dumb' look.

"We go to the same school dad. How else?"

"I know that. I mean is your locker beside hers or do you two have a class together?"

"Class" I half lied

I wasn't about to explain that she came and stood up for me when Margaret was being rude about my economic status. I knew my dad, and he would probably go up to the school demanding to speak with her.

He could be so annoying sometimes.

" Dad, I'm just going to get some breakfast really quick. I will be in the truck in a few"

"Ok"

I looked at myself on more time in my mirror before shaking my head, laughing. I grabbed my phone and saw I had a few mixed text.

Cleo

Hey are you coming
to school today?-C

Yeah, I'll be there soon.
I'll be the one rocking my new shoes ;) 

lol, I'll be the one
In the navy uniform

Oh good!
I was worried I might
not be able to find you.

I was so grateful that I met Cleo. She was truly my guardian angel.

I started walking out the door when my phone buzzed. I assumed that it was Cleo so I quickly opened it. I looked to see what she said but noticed that it came from an unknown number.

Come find me when
you get here.

What? Come find who? I sent back a wrong number reply and turned off my phone.

*

The ride over to the school was short due to Dad and I jamming out to our favorite songs. When I was younger I hated his music but I've slowly learned to have an appreciation for his music. Most artist today use so much autotune I could be a professional singer, and that's saying something.

The Beatles were just finishing up their song when we pulled up in front of the school.

I slowly got out of the vehicle, trying not to put much weight on my foot.

Dad got out and handed me my crutches. Even though I had a walking boot, the doctors said I need to use crutches for two weeks, to reduce the weight on my foot.

"do you need any help?"

"No thanks dad. I got it" I smiled reassuring him that I was fine. He gave me a concerned look but I ushered him off, I don't need any more extra attention.

I watched as he drove off and made my way up the steps.

When I reached the main hall I scanned the room over trying to find Cleo. After a few seconds, she was walking up to me and a pitty smile on her face.

" Do you need any help?" she asked waving her arms around me.

"I'm going to tell you the same thing I told my dad. I got it"

"Ok, just let me know if I need to carry anything for you"

" Thanks Cleo, you are a queen" I winked

She rolled her eyes but we both started laughing at my terrible joke.

"Come on Sky, aren't you supposed to be smart. Cleopatra was a Pharaoh" she teased

" It's a joke," I said acting like I was annoyed but she knew I was just kidding.

We laughed some more when I realized that I didn't know what Cleo stood for. I doubt it was Cleopatra.

"Hey C, what is Cleo short for?" I asked

"You will never know" she answered sharply, not even batting an eye.

"Oh come on" I begged," Wait!  Is it really Cleopatra?"

"No, thank goodness it's not" she shuttered "Do you really want to know"

I gave her a look and she took a deep breath before mumbling something I couldn't hear.

"What"

She mumbled something a little louder but I couldn't pick up on it.

"Huh?"

"Clementine" she all about shouted

The girl with the dark black eyeliner, black combat boots, and nails painted crimson red, was named after an orange. No wonder she went by Cleo.

" Seriously?"

"Seriously."

I was about to respond when i heard a deep voice yelling my name. I spun around and saw it was none other Luca Reid approaching me.

He had a serious look on his face but it didn't hide his smirk. I gulped as he got closer, what was he about to do?