2

"Agape?" The man smiled. He took off his robe and put it on Agape, replacing the light gauze clothes worn by slaves. It was so warm that Agape almost trembled. "What a good name."

In surprise, Agape's eyes moved upward and saw Gerald's gentle and handsome face.

He suddenly remembered a saying that was widely circulated among slaves: This distinguished guest came here just to select a slave and take him away.

Will that person be myself?

His heart trembled, and an unimaginable good fortune befell him, making him so flustered that he didn't dare to look into the other person's eyes.

"Come with me." Gerald said softly, "As you can see, I chose you."

"Freedom, money, rare treasures, maybe you have climbed to the top of the white tower and looked into the distance at the boundless blue sea - I can even give you a piece of the sea, as long as you want it. Come with me, Ah Gape."

His face is full of indescribable charm, his bearing is extraordinary, and his manners are elegant. Just like when God created man, he put all his energy and eyes on him, lest he be not lovable enough. Those dark eyes were like the entire night sky, reflecting all the secret and twisting starlight.

Agape could not refuse. In fact, there were not many people in the world who could refuse such a plea and such eyes.

He hesitated, and immediately suspected that the big man in front of him was entertaining him and seeking his happiness, but even so, what right did he have to oppose him? Agape was silent for a moment, and then whispered: "I will follow your instructions, my lord."

"Be happy, kid!" Dad came over from the side and put his hand on his shoulder to show encouragement and intimacy. "Your good luck has come, don't be so serious..."

"Take your hand away," Gerald warned, looking at the island owner warily and gloomily, "from now on, he is mine."

Dad was startled, his smile froze on his face, and he quickly backed away: "Okay, okay...it will be as you say, sir."

Gerald grabbed the boy's wrist, left everyone behind, and led him into the splendid white tower that slaves usually had no right to enter.

As he walked, he said softly: "Stay here tonight and have dinner with me, okay?"

With an unexplainable wariness, Agape refused. After thinking about it, he still whispered, "As you wish, my lord."

Gerald slowed down and turned to look at him helplessly.

"Why do you insist on calling me sir? Can't we use a more relaxed and equal way of communication?" Gerald frowned slightly, with a small troubled smile on his lips, "Just like when I call you Agape Likewise, you can call me by my first name, Gerald. You have every right to do so."

This distinguished guest seemed unaware of what an extraordinary word he had thrown out.

"equality".

The secular gap is insurmountable, the class gap is insurmountable, the gap between normal and abnormal, common people and aristocrats is also insurmountable. He only said one word, which caused a storm in Agape's heart and made him blush almost with shame.

How ridiculous! Equality, does he really believe that there can still be an "equal" relationship between people? To a slave, the word was so innocent that it bordered on evil. It was so light, as light as an out-of-reach feather, and so heavy, as heavy as a slap on his face from his father. In an instant, the hairs on Agape's back stood up, and he vaguely detected an uncomfortable chill, but could not find the source.