31

After giving a small punishment to the overseer in the tavern, Gerald was an out-and-out devil in the eyes of the crew, a cruel incarnation of Satan walking in the world. But in the eyes of the boatmen, he was a real savior. Apart from his gloomy personality and scary aura, he couldn't be more kind-hearted.

Gerald turned a blind eye to any opinions from the outside world. He knew in his heart that he was not doing anything for anyone but his own imagination and inner demons, in order to make himself feel better even a little bit.

Half a month later, all the ships in the fleet were completed, and his plans for the Molucca were repaired almost perfectly. The only shortcoming is his increasingly serious health problem.

——Anxiety and strong hallucinations have been plaguing him, making him refuse to sleep peacefully, losing his appetite, and making him unable to distinguish whether it is delirium or a real memory of what happened to "Black Crow" in the past.

Agape, Agape, Agape... Only this man's words and deeds were deeply ingrained in his mind. The brown-haired, blue-eyed slave, the game object he once played with and abandoned, the other father of his descendants, the kind-hearted fool, the stubborn and stupid weirdo, Agape, who took in him.

When Gerald spread out the map, he appeared by the window, and the sunlight made the side of his face almost translucent. Gerald heard his smiling voice: "What are you still busy with? Come and see Lily, she's going to run into the mud!" As he

said this, Gerald really heard the little girl's voice. With a crisp laugh, as if the grim military port outside the window had turned into a spring garden, Lily shouted loudly: "Uncle Black Crow! Uncle Black Crow!" "Did you hear that? She

wants you to go out and play around with her. Yeah. Don't listen to this little bastard. If this continues, she will really become lawless!"

I didn't hear anything, I didn't see anything, Gerald said in his heart.

He turned away with an indifferent expression and drew a few circles on the map with his quill.

"Here, here, and here...here," he said in a calm tone, speaking to several staff beside him, "they are all within our reach. They are the most important trade routes in Molucca. If we want to weaken its power, this Several lines must be destroyed."

The staff nodded in agreement and respectfully wrote down these points. When he looked up again, Agape's figure had disappeared.

When Gerald lit the lights, Agape appeared on the carpet in front, sitting like a child. He held an open notebook in his hand, and beside him were many scattered plant molds. In fact, he is indeed not much older than a child.

"August and September every year are the best times to plant cardamom. Put the seeds in moist sand and mix them evenly..." Agape exclaimed with excitement, "How did you discover this? I mean, Anyone who can come up with these detailed sowing methods is definitely a genius!"

As he spoke, he glanced in Gerald's direction with a smile, as if to remedy the situation: "Of course, my dear friend, can use these secret recipes. Recite it word for word, you are also a unique genius, that's what I believe."

Gerald didn't say anything, just stared at him steadily, hoping to scare away the illusion in front of him with his sinister eyes. However, as if he had heard some exaggerated praise, Gape blushed slightly and hurriedly defended: "Me? Me, I'm definitely not it. Just like what you saw, I just use my gardening hobby and cooking... Hobby, to make up for the vacancy in life... Well, you know, people have to find something for themselves to do." He

still did not speak, but Agape listened to something, nodded, and showed a wry smile on the corner of his mouth: "Yes, you are absolutely right. Lily is my heart and soul. However, I cannot put all my hope of curing the pain on her. She is my daughter, an independent living person, nothing. ...Some kind of painkiller for the soul. I can't keep chasing her and using her to forget the tragic experiences of the past. What would that be like? I would rather she grow up happily and without burden..."