29

Agape knew that he must have misunderstood something, and hurriedly explained: "No, no, no! Listen to me, my method is something I came up with on my own..."

He tried his best, but the attendant still regarded him as Did he use some kind of witchcraft or magic? In other words, he is the most capable gardening master in the world. For a moment, the attendants didn't know whether to twist Agape to the cross on the spot, or to kiss the back of his hand with reverence and flatter him in exchange for a good impression.

In the end, the bishop's majesty overshadowed his confusion. The attendant covered the wooden box with a big cloth cover and gingerly took Agape to meet his master.

"Have you finished it? Have you planted it?" The bishop was writing at his desk without looking up for a moment. "I appreciate your frankness, but don't be an idiot or a fool. Please be aware of the person who tried to fool me. The corpse is still waiting to rot in the Royal Prison."

"I...actually, I planted it, Your Excellency." Agape said, "I can't say that I have completed all of your instructions, but I have also completed most of it."

"Oh. ?" The bishop looked around and compared the two documents. "This statement is very new, young man. What does "mostly completed" mean? Let me guess, you planted something, but it is half dead?" The attendant said with a pale face

. Without saying a word, he lifted the cloth cover and looked like he was about to faint.

The Bishop wiped the tip of his quill on the silk and looked up casually.

His eyes hardened.

Juan Fonseca stared at the wooden box, the small grids in the wooden box, and the seedlings flaunting in the small grids. Agape could almost hear the sound of his thinking.

After a long silence, Juan Fonseca said: "Seventeen."

"Yes, here are seventeen saplings."

"Shut up! I have eyes, and I haven't gotten old yet."

He said slightly After calming down, he said: "So, I gave you twenty-three seeds, and you planted seventeen seedlings. This is what you said..." "

Most of the tasks have been completed." Agape reminded.

"...Most of the tasks have been completed." The bishop nodded, "Okay, very good. So, how do you prove that these are alive, the saplings I want, and not just random weeds you found?"

Agape After thinking about it, he took out all the filled-in labels, as well as the notebook that recorded the date of germination of the saplings, the growth height, and the state of each seed before germination as a comparison, and presented them to Juan. ·Fonseca watch.

According to the current situation, botany is still a mystery. Both among the people and the court, there is a lack of accurate illustrations and a spirit of truth-seeking. Most people pick herbs in a daze in the mountains and fields, relying on hearsay, fear and superstition of witchcraft, and the stomachs of cattle and sheep to determine whether they can be planted and eaten. However, Agape relies on his sincerity and enthusiasm for his hobby. With such enthusiasm, he accomplished such a meticulous and pragmatic work that the bishop couldn't help but be surprised.

"If these don't prove their authenticity, then..." With a bit of regret, Agape took out one of the small wooden boxes, gently peeled away the moist soil at the base of the sapling, and completely lifted up the fresh roots. , showed it to the bishop, "This can also be used as a certificate, I think."

The bishop was shocked. Seeing such wasteful atrocities, his heart, which was almost like coins acting as blood and pragmatism acting as blood vessels, immediately hissed. It hurts.