67

Now that Agape has become an ever-lasting shining star in the Spanish court, his every move will become a vane that many people strive to imitate.

In this case, his naturally gentle and quiet character, as well as his humble qualities, became the object of wild praise from some people and wild disparagement from others. The former believes that humility is an essential virtue that can keep people moving forward, and Agape is undoubtedly an excellent role model; the latter believes that he is a pretentious hypocrite, and his greater ambitions are all buried under the surface of pretentious hypocrisy. .

Agape was unbearably disturbed, but other people's mouths were focused on themselves, and he couldn't control what they said. Even the ruler of a country will inevitably be affected by rumors. Can he be immune to it?

He had no choice but to live in seclusion and spend more time at home with his daughter. But even if you stay at home, trouble keeps coming.

Lily is growing up, she is only twelve years old, but the amazing beauty of the Scott people, as well as some crazy, savage qualities, have already faintly appeared in her.

In this era, early marriage was not considered a trend, but a wise path chosen by nobles and wealthy businessmen. Therefore, in the court of Seville alone, Lily had many potential suitors. Whether it is a young attendant, the youngest son of a nobleman, or a foreign envoy coming to the palace for the first time - the nature of seeking advantages and avoiding disadvantages is worse than the ashes of burned paper in the face of strong and unfettered beauty. Fragile.

The rumors paid special attention to beautiful girls, not to mention the legendary stories they had previously promoted about Agape: for example, he was the best gardening master on the continent of Europe, and he broke the Moluccas' monopoly on spices. The plantation under his command can bring in a hundred thousand florins every year, and he also single-handedly contributed to the destruction of the White Tower. What a huge fortune this is!

Since ancient times, beauty has been inseparable from power and wealth. And when a legend is endowed with the three important elements of a charming girl, a palace and gold, it is not difficult for people to imagine how big a stir it will cause among the countries. It's stormy.

Every week, letters requesting marriage and alliance fly in like heavy snow - Agape would rather go to hell and receive Gerald Scott's love letter than see these abominable things! And this is the result that the bishop has already screened.

At first, he could still reply patiently, telling those people that it was impossible for him to consider his daughter's marriage at the moment, and that Lily could not rely on marriage to "make the two families stronger, make our wealth greater, and our glory and prestige greater." "of. Yes, it's absolutely impossible, adults and gentlemen, do you know who her other father is... Yes, that's right, it's absolutely impossible!

Later, a good-tempered person like Agape couldn't help but get angry, because those idiots, those big and small nobles, foreign barons, viscounts, earls, lords, governors... They basically ignored them as if they couldn't understand people's words. He refused without mercy.

They came to the Palace of Seville for various reasons, lingering in every corner of the garden, reciting love poems loudly, trying to "see the face of the beautiful girl", and there was a constant stream of courtship gifts that could be called harassment, and some even They came before Charles I and expressed their eager desire to marry the "Lily of Seville".

Maybe there were too many people talking about it. At a banquet, the emperor laughed and seriously mentioned those people's vision to Agape. In response, Agape took a deep breath, clenched the wine glass, and replied forbearingly: "Your Majesty, for many years, only my daughter and I have relied on each other..." "