65

Agape experienced the war for the first time, but he could not help much - he could not go to the battlefield in person, nor could he command the artillery in Squad A, or organize a landing operation. He could only sit in the command room and watch the marshal and his generals give orders. At most, he would make some suggestions from time to time so that they could try not to accidentally damage places other than the target.

However, perhaps it was Agape's gentle attitude, the deep hatred for the island that he inadvertently revealed in his words, and the fact that a young Viscount should not be so familiar with the White Tower that the Admiral could not help but choose I listened to his opinion.

"I know that I know nothing about war and I am redundant here," Agape said to the Admiral on the third morning of the attack. "But I thank you for respecting me and not making me a Decoration."

The Admiral put down his knife and fork and said thoughtfully: "Well, you, you are a complicated person. Usually, aren't His Majesty's beloved court jesters all sycophants? Please note that I am not making any innuendo here. Anyone... But those who have gained the favor of the emperor are always ready to spread their virtue so that the world will know that they have not gained the favor of a ruler for no reason. Let me put it this way! You are very Be humble and know that you should leave professional matters to professional people. Occasionally add a word or two, but don't say it casually. It will make people laugh because of your ignorance."

He picked up the knife and fork again: "I I heard that you are a master gardener? Then I can understand it more or less. Maybe we are all marshals in a certain field, but I have already obtained my own military rank, and you have not." "What do you think

? My evaluation is very high." Agape said in surprise, "I...I didn't expect it." The

Navy Marshal shrugged: "Then you know now."

He finished breakfast in a few seconds, and then hurriedly I looked through the battle report sent this morning.

Thanks to the information provided by Agape and the intelligence repeatedly confirmed by spies, the three seaports of Baita have been blocked by ships. The cargo ships from various places that came to trade at this time in the past were as frightened when they heard the wind. Fly away, never to be seen again.

At the same time, nearby private ships that were plundering the outer seas in the name of Spain also gathered around. Like a group of small fish following a shark, waiting to eat the scraps.

"Everything went well," the Marine Marshal smiled proudly. "These bastards won't last more than a week before they will be blasted into a pile of ashes by artillery..."

He turned to the next page and suddenly frowned.

"What happened?"

"Well, nothing, nothing." said the marshal. "It has nothing to do with us. It's just that the commander of a smuggling fleet died! In the early years, when our Majesty was still the king, he He can be regarded as a popular figure in the imperial court. He served as an envoy, was awarded a title, and enjoyed a good life for a long time. Unfortunately, he was too stupid and got into a dispute with the Bishop of Burgos for the benefit of the smuggling fleet." "What happened next

? "Agape couldn't help but become curious. He didn't often hear such palace secrets, especially those involving the bishop. "What happened next?"

The marshal said very frankly: "You are the godson of Bishop Burgos. To you, Don't you understand your father's behavior? Later, of course, this arrogant hapless man fell out of favor! He was expelled from the court and could no longer see the face of his monarch. Naturally, no one remembered him anymore. "