11

Black Crow's growth, or recovery speed, was completely beyond Agape's imagination.

A vague intuition reappeared in him as if it were instinctive. Just like wild beasts are born with the ability to use their fangs and claws to identify poisonous plants in the wilderness, black crows are also born with the ability to navigate and do business. His mental arithmetic skills are so accurate that he can't be fooled by the tricks played by cunning port merchants to make a few more cents. He can tell whether it will be windy or rainy the next day just by looking at the clouds and sky conditions in the evening. .

The most important thing is that his familiarity with spices has reached a level beyond the reach of ordinary people.

Is it cinnamon or the bark of a Caribbean tree? Is it cloves or roasted and rubbed ginger roots? Improper picking techniques of nutmeg and hermitia will cause lesions during shipping. How to store plant and animal fragrances. Each one is different... One by one, Agape watched in amazement as he walked in the market, accurately identifying the spices that were valuable to ordinary people, but had similar appearances.

All this was an eye-opener for Agape.

At first, Black Crow half-knelt in front of him, begging Agape to allow him to go out for a walk every day, and Agape naturally agreed. Then, this tall black-haired servant would get up every day as the sun just rose from the horizon and cast its thin purple morning light towards the sea. Then he would shuttle silently around various ports and docks, buying some candies with change from time to time. Give it to the children who are running around and ask them some questions - if these children are not afraid of his disfigured face.

After spending a day in this place where ships come and go and the city has the largest population flow, he will return to the small building in the hurried night and cool mist, first say hello to Agape and Lily, and then silently help He. Dee finished the rest of the heavy lifting around the house.

"Sir, I don't have anything against him, really." Hetty always sighed when mentioning the black crow, "but thanks to him, we have really become the talk of the town! You He's a decent guy, and there's nothing shocking about a single young gentleman raising his daughter on his own, but what about him? Oh, for God's sake, the ladies in the neighborhood are going to be scared of him."

Agape laughed and said gently: "Just let him be, good lady, he is a poor man, just like me."

Normally, Agape didn't talk much. Now when he heard what he said, Hetty couldn't argue.

However, not long after, one night late at night, Agape was awakened by a low and terrifying sound. He hurriedly put on his clothes and opened the door to check. Lily was still sleeping soundly in her small room, and Hetty had already gotten up. , she stood guard at Lily's door and gestured downstairs.

Agape understood immediately.

Holding the candlestick, he walked down the stairs quietly and came to the door of Black Crow.

Here, he heard that sound more clearly. A dull and desperate wailing, like a trapped beast that was seriously injured and bleeding, not knowing how to escape from the shackles of its fate.

Agape opened the door and saw that Black Crow's body had been twisted into a frantic shadow. He was struggling fiercely in the nightmare, roaring and pleading to the unknown enemy. The words were unclear and could only be vaguely distinguished. The two emotions are “please” and “kill you.”

The feeling of enlightenment was like lightning. At this moment, Agape realized one thing very clearly, that is, what he looked like in the eyes of outsiders after he had just escaped from the dragon's den.