75

In the evening, the red setting sun is lifted up by the sea, and the world is filled with the sound of tides. Fishing boats slowly shuttle among the large merchant ships, and the hulls of the boats and the fishermen waving their oars become silhouettes with golden edges. Stirring the waves into broken glow.

Three months ago, a special ship escorted the viscount from Spain and suddenly arrived in this humble town. The governor and the local magistrate were completely unaware of this, and they hurriedly rode over to visit the Viscount only two days after he disembarked. It is said that the viscount controlled plantations throughout Spain and was an unparalleled gardening master. He was known as the "Golden Hand". Queen Isabella was also his closest friend. The viscount just chose to live in seclusion here because he was tired of palace politics.

One can imagine how much noise the arrival of such an important person could cause in an unknown town. People came rushing to see the Viscount, and even more fortunately, they could see the legendary "Lily of Seville". The noisy turmoil lasted for more than a month. During this period, the Viscount stayed behind closed doors and stayed with the elderly priest.

According to insiders, the Viscount was originally a student of the old priest. After his introduction, he arrived in Spain and made a career there. I came back this time to repay my mentor.

The priest is indeed very old. His snow-white and sparse hair is curled up on the top of his head. He walks tremblingly. He must use crutches or other people's help to get down the steps of one floor. But he always kept the young man's promise in mind, and he kept in correspondence with Agape during the ten years he went to Spain.

Now Agape is really back, returning to his hometown in splendor, bringing with him his title and glory. While the priest was pleasantly surprised, he couldn't help but think that he had defeated Juan Fonseca, that powerful minister who was not pious enough and whom he looked down upon, and he felt even more proud.

The original small building had long been abandoned, so Agape bought the mansion of a family next to the priest, then demolished the wall and opened up the gardens of the two houses to connect them together. Returning to his home, his resting place, he felt at ease and peaceful, like a plant that had been away from the earth for a long time and finally put its roots into the soil again.

Whenever the sun set and night fell, he would sit with the old priest under the flickering lights and talk to him in detail about what happened in the Spanish court. He spoke to his teacher of Queen Isabella, of the ministers of the Castilian Council, and of the Bishop of Burgos, Juan Fonseca. Agape understood that there was an irreconcilable conflict between the priest and the bishop on the issue of piety, but he still wanted his teacher to know that the bishop was his benefactor, and in his heart, Juan Fonseca was also his benefactor. Another unrelated father.

The priest just nodded, acknowledging this. If Fonseca had been providing help and shelter to his students over the past decade, he would have nothing to fault.

In the early morning, Agape got up early and skillfully planned the land for the garden.

Where to plant beans, where to plant strawberries, where to fill with vanilla, where to plant lilies, roses, hyacinths and gypsophila, where to place beehives... He arranged everything happily. At the Palace of Seville, even everything planted in the garden had to have political significance. Now that the shackles of red tape can finally be put aside, Agape seems to have come to life again.

Mrs. Hetty has hired several new servants, and now she is the real power in the family. She has the authority to do everything in housework and finances, and has the authority of a queen. She can completely renovate the two houses into a completely new look according to her own wishes. This is really happier than getting a mountain of gold and silver.