4.6

~ ~ ~ ~ * ~ ~ ~ ~

Part 6: Secret's Out

~ ~ ~ ~ * ~ ~ ~ ~

Anger. No, it was more than anger, it was fury. When Embry Call was told the news his imprint was leaving, his body began to shake, shifting into his wolf and running, ignoring his pack mates calling for him.

How could she be leaving, without telling him? She could've told him last time they spoke, when they were laying in bed together. But no, he had to find out from Jacob Black of all people.

Embry finally stopped running, unsure where he was, though he didn't care. He was far away from La Push, away from his friends, his family, his love.

What was he going to say when he saw Ruby? How could he look at her when she had betrayed him like this? Did he mean nothing to her? Was their love fake?

He was unsure exactly how long he spent in his unknown location, though it was dark when he arrived home. He shifted, grabbing his clothes, before making his way to the Cullen house.

Edward knew the boy was there first, his thoughts too loud to ignore. He could hear his frustration, how he found out what had happened from Jacob. 

Jasper could feel his intense emotions, the anger, the frustration. He looked at Edward who nodded his head. The hybrid would be okay, she could handle the wolf, he wouldn't hurt her. 

Ruby walked towards the door, smelling the familiar scent of her partner. She wore a smirk, though it quickly disappeared as she looked at him. He was fuming, grabbing her arm and pulling her into the forest, his body shaking.

When they were a good way in the forest, the boy began pacing. He wasn't sure how to voice his concern, no, his anger. She had lied to him. They were supposed to stay together, how could they if she moved away?

"Embry, what's happened."

The words made the wolf growl, despite still being in human form, the growl sounded animalistic. "What happened?" he repeated, laughing sarcastically. "How about you're leaving Forks forever and weren't planning on telling me?!"

Ruby's eyes widened for barely a second before scrunching up in confusion. She had never said to anybody she was planning on leaving, her family did, but she didn't. If she wanted to stay she would easily be able to alter her appearance, making her look like a different person, raising no suspicions. She could've been a cousin of the Cullen's staying in the house.

It was true, Ruby wasn't sure if she was going to leave Forks, or La Push. She had friends here, for the first time with the Cullen clan, she made friends with outsiders, Angela being one. 

The main reason for her confliction was the boy in front of her. He was her love, her mate, she didn't want to leave him. Why would she finally leave after finding love? She was afraid when it came to loving somebody, knowing they would grow old while she didn't, or they'd find their true mate. Embry had imprinted on her, she was his mate.

"My family is leaving," she admitted. "I never said I was leaving. Not once did I mention to anybody in my family that I would leave with them. Perhaps I would go for a month, come back looking different to hide who I am. But not once did I say to anybody that I would forever leave. Why would I?"

Ruby ran her hand through her hair smiling. "I finally have friends outside my family. I have Angela, Leah, Seth." She made her way closer to Embry. "I have love, I have you. So why the hell would I leave? Why would I leave without discussing it with you first?"