2.1

~ ~ ~ ~ ** ~ ~ ~ ~

Part 1: Eighteen

~ ~ ~ ~ ** ~ ~ ~ ~

A birthday was a special day, especially for an aging human. Ruby was thrilled that she would be able to celebrate her best friend's birthday.

The Hybrid pulled up to the school building, the roaring of her bike catching everybody's attention.

Mike couldn't help but grin as he watched the blonde girl remove her helmet. It reminded him of the hot girl from every movie. He obviously found Ruby to be stunning, something everyone knew to be true. He licked his lips, causing Jessica to roll her eyes.

Jessica was jealous of the attention Mike was giving the girl. They were in somewhat of a relationship, an unofficial relationship. They had spent most of the summer together.

Angela always loved seeing her blonde friend. Yes, Angela and Ruby had stayed in touch during the summer, despite Ruby not being around much, she was exploring the world once more.

Bella smiled brightly as her best friend approached them, big, designer sunglasses on her face, despite the lack of sun. She wanted to look good, as she always did.

"Bella Boo, Angela, others," she greeted the group. "Hello Ruby, how are you today?" Angela asked the girl, causing her to smile. "I'm great thanks, yourself?" "She's good," Eric told the blonde as he through his arm over Angela's shoulder. "She's got me now."

"She could do a lot better."

Mike snorted at Ruby's word's, while Eric frowned. Did she really think Angela was too good for him? He thought he could do better. Bella looked at the blonde, smiling slightly. The girl knew what she had done, yet she didn't care.

"Anyway, I'm here to steal my best friend, before my brother has the chance," Ruby said, linking arms with Bella. She blew Angela a kiss, before leading Bella away from the group.

"That was funny, Eric's face," Bella mumbled. "Well it's true," Ruby replied. "Angela is truly a beautiful person, inside and out. She is one of the few humans I generally like."

Bella smiled at her best friend. The Hybrid didn't like many humans, yet spoke of Angela as if the girl was an Angel. She knew the girl felt a strange connection, she couldn't help wonder if they were mates, destined for each other. 

"Thank you for saving me," Bella said. "You're most welcome, Bella Boo. Though I must admit, I do have ulterior motives." Ruby let out a small smirk, as the human frowned. She adored the confused look on the girl's face, she found it adorable. "I'm here to warn you that we're having a party, in honour of your birthday."

Bella let out a sigh. Ruby knew the girl wouldn't want to celebrate, yet she was unsure why. She had the love of her life with her, she should be happy.

"Another year older," the human mumbled. "At least this year you can spend it with the love of your life," Ruby said.

A small smirk appeared on the hybrid's face as she noticed her brother approach them. "And of course Edward will be there too, attempting to break us apart."