4.10

~ ~ ~ ~ * ~ ~ ~ ~

Chapter 10: Witches

~ ~ ~ ~ * ~ ~ ~ ~

They were safe, at least safe from the Volturi. Ruby had something planned for herself and her lover. She made a promise to him, one she intended to keep, even if it meant going a place she had not been for a very long time.

Embry was next to his lover, who was driving a beautiful red Ferrari. He had grown up poor, being in the sports car was something he would only dream about, a mere fantasy. Oh how he wish he could tell his younger self life got better.

His eyes glanced to his lover, the hybrid singing along to the radio. She may have been beautiful in appearance, yet her heart was what he admired most about her. She had a kind soul, she would do anything for those she loved.

"Where are we going?" Embry questioned once more. A small smirk was on the Hybrid's face as she glanced at her partner. She had yet to tell him of her plans, though he should've known, considering their deal.

"It's great to keep a little mystery," she teased, causing him to chuckle. She grinned as they stopped at a strange house, one that seemed to be in the middle of no where.

Embry frowned as he looked out the window. It was an abandoned house, no stores nearby, no other houses, it looked beat down, neglected.

"Ruby, where are we?" he questioned again. He was more nervous now than curious. He knew Ruby wouldn't hurt him, he didn't know if whatever was in the house would share the same thoughts.

"Let's go."

They got out of the car and knocked on the door five times. Ruby mumbled something in a language Embry didn't understand. The door opened and Ruby walked in, grabbing Embry's hand in the process. She took them to the back door, pushing it up.

What Embry saw next made him gasp.

Witches.

Hundreds of witches flying in the air.

It was as if the house was a portal to another realm. That was somewhat true, only it was a place the witches felt safe, protected from harm.

"Rubella?"

Many people turned to look at the couple, smiling at the sight. Ruby was famous within the witch community, not only for being part siren, but for helping them in the war. 

"It's good to see you," Ruby greeted many witches, her hand laced in Embry's the whole time. She wasn't going to share him. She also wasn't sure how they would react to the shifter.

Embry was fascinated with everything he saw, from the colourful houses to the beautiful cherry trees. He would happily stay there for his whole life, never growing bored of the beauty.

They stopped walking as they reached a tree that could only be described as gigantic. He knew it wasn't a normal tree, even he could feel the magic oozing off of it. There were two guards at the bottom of the tree.

"State your business!" one spoke aggressively, staring in Ruby's eyes, though she remained composed. "I have to speak to Marcel. Tell him Rubella Hamilton is here to see him."

The two guards eyes widen at the mention of the name. Rubella Hamilton was a hero to the witches of the south, she had helped them in their greatest time of need, despite only being fifteen years old.

"He is available," the guard spoke, allowing the hybrid and her partner to enter the tree. They weren't wary of the shifter, knowing they could easily defeat him if needed. If he was an ally of Rubella, they were sure he would be no harm to them.