1.9

~ ~ ~ ~ ** ~ ~ ~ ~

Part 9: Meet The Cullens

~ ~ ~ ~ ** ~ ~ ~ ~

A Disaster waiting to happen? Or a dream meeting? Either way it was going to be entertaining.

Ruby refused to let Rosalie's negativity affect her. She knew her fellow blonde would hate Bella, for reasons she understood. If Bella became a vampire she would have to give up so much, her mortality, her chance to bare a child.

Unsurprisingly, Ruby was awake before Bella, she had to get rid of the bed she made magically appear. It wasn't like she was going to sleep on the cold floor.

The Hybrid stayed awake, thinking of what could go wrong with the meeting. Every scenario the girl thought of involved Rosalie.

A groan escaped Bella's mouth causing Ruby to smile. The girl was so human, so innocent, she found it adorable. The only other human Ruby found to be innocent and sweet was Angela, a girl often on the hybrid's mind.

Bella opened her eyes, only to see Ruby staring out the window. She envied the girl, though she wasn't bitter about it. The girl was enhanced with beauty, yet she was kind, a rare combination.

"Good morning Bella Boo, are you going to continue staring? Or will you be getting ready for the adventurous day?" Ruby asked. A small blush appeared on Bella's face. She was caught staring.

"I-I-"

"I'm going to pick up breakfast. Do you like croissants?" Ruby asked the girl. "I know a place that sells the most delicious croissants." "I like them" Bella replied, causing the blonde to grin. "Yes, you get ready and I get breakfast."

Bella nodded her head and Ruby disappeared. It would take a while for Bella to get used to the girl's disappearance acts.

After getting ready, Bella went back to her room, only to see Ruby holding a bag. "I hope you don't mind, I got you a little present too." Bella smiled as she took the bag off the girl. Her mouth opened in shock as she looked inside.

"You-You went to France!" she whisper yelled. "How? Why?"

Ruby let out a laugh as she got her own bag, revealing two croissants and a beret. "I told you I know an amazing place. Now, enjoy."

The two girls ate, while they each wore a beret. Bella had to agree with Ruby, the croissants were better than any others she tried.

"Are you prepared?" Ruby asked the girl, after they finished eating.

"Me? Yeah, I'm cool, cool as a cucumber" Bella lied, causing Ruby to smile. "It's okay to be nervous, you're meeting your boyfriend's family for the first time, officially. You're being introduced as his girlfriend, it's different."

"I'm a little nervous" Bella admitted. "I mean, what if they don't like me? What if they want to kill me? What if-" Ruby cut off the girl by placing her hand over her mouth. "Enough of this what if, instead focus on the positive. You're going to a beautiful house to see your future in-laws."

 Ruby removed her hand from Bella's mouth. Bella couldn't help but smile at the girl. She always knew what to say, if it wasn't for her, she would be more nervous than she already was.

* * * *

Bella and Ruby waited patiently outside the Swan house for Edward to pick them up. Apparently Ruby wasn't allowed to use magic to make a car appear. She found it unfair how little she was allowed to use her powers, she was sure Edward was just jealous.